A Excellent Cisco Reference Book

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by simongrahamuk, Aug 18, 2005.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

With a new semester at university fast approcahing I recently decided that I should get ahead of myself and start doing some reading for the CNAP semester 4 part of my course.
    So I got out my companion book and started glancing at it, but soon realised that I had forgotten a lot of the things I had learned from last semester, having not even thought about it since May.

So rather than re reading through previous semesters I decided to refresh my knowledge of commands buying Cisco IOS in a nutshell and I have to say that his has been one of the best buys I have ever made!

It is very simple to use, gets straight to the point, and has excellent references to any commands.

Just thought I'd let anyone who is studing for the CCNA, or works with Cisco equipment that this book would make an excellent addition to your resources.

:D

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

My only concern is that the book was published in 2001 and IOS has certainlty been upgraded since then. Do you think there is a more recent version of this book?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

he was a little premature with his purchase
    Second edition is estimated release of August 05 :)

sorry :/

saying that, most the kit you will practice on is rather old :)

The cisco cookbook is a bit dated (2003) but also very good :)

Edit: Amazon link discovered

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I should have mentioned, if you can wait until september they are releasing an updated version of the book.

8)

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I think that's what Phoenix mentioned. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+