A+ courses - which ones?

Discussion in 'A+' started by gazberg, Feb 23, 2010.

1. gazberg

gazberg Bit Poster

Hello.

New to the forums and hoping someone can help me.

Im currently looking at Learndirect website and they offer a multitude of courses, vast majority of which are £50 each including 4 A+ courses.

They offer A+ essentials 220-601
    A+ Depot Technician 220-604
    A + It technician 220-602
    A+ Remote Support technician 220-603

Most people seem to be undertaking the 601+602s correct? I am also goign to take A+ network 2005,is this the rrent/most relevant certs? Or would be i better off doing more relevent A+ certs?

Thanks
    Gaz

2. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

Hi Gaz,

Im a newbie here too, but I have already gained the Comptia A+ Remote Support and Have just upgraded to the Comptia A+ (2009) IT Technician.

It all depends on the sort of job you are doing or want to do...

Untill recently I had always been helpdesk based, so I did the Comptia A+ Remote Support Cert (Wich is 220-601 & 220-603), this was great for helpdesk work, as it shows that not only do you know your way around a PC, but you can do it remotly, and act in a proffesional mannor.

However...

If you are going into hands on IT work, the Remote Support Cert (In My opinion is a bit of a waste of time), You are best going for the It technician (220-601+220-603).

You will need to get the A+ essentials (220-601) whatever you do, so best start there.

Hope this helps

Ceri

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA, A+
    WIP: MCSE
  3. progcomputeach

progcomputeach Banned

The latest versions of these exams are the 701 and 702 as the older ones will be retiring.

They are being offered here and they include all the course materials and elearning etc. You can also take the exams, get certified and put them on your CV(which will help when you look for jobs)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
  4. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just found that out, didja? :p

EDIT: Just edited that out, didja? :twisted:

Last edited: May 17, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you dont need courses,

you can do the A+ 600 series but you have to pass both exams by august 31st or you can do the new 700 series exams but you must pass by december 31st or you will have to recertify every three years to remain A+ certified, if you pass before 31st you will be certified for life.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. xpronic

xpronic New Member

How would I go about getting the A+ certification then? Just read books and go for the exam?

Damn. I guess that's more motivation to get this done asap. :eek:

8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

That's how most of us on here have got our certs. Study, practice, study take exams.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. xpronic

xpronic New Member

Right, thanks for clearing that up for me.