A+ Certification All-in-one Exam Guide 2nd Edition

Discussion in 'A+' started by pdug175, Dec 6, 2005.

1. pdug175

pdug175 New Member

Firstly hello this is my first post after stumbling across this forum.

The question I want to ask is this: I have been given this huuuge book which everyone seems to recommend by a friend who took these exams a few years back. I have now found the time to put some effort into revising for the A+ exams. However I notice that even though this book is some 5 years old and it's fundamentals still ring true it seems to be years out of date. Should I purchase the latest version from amazon or will I be essentially purchasing a text that is 95% identical?:)

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi Pdug,

Personally I would purchase the latest text. I haven't studied for the A+ but from what I have gleaned on this site, the exam has evolved over the years and is quite tough. It includes references to legacy operating systems i.e. Windows 9x and Windows 2000 and most probably XP now.

I am sure others will be along and give their opinions soon but for now, why not pop over to our New Members Introduction forum and say hello.

Cheers,

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

look on the book for an exam code... if its 220-201/220-202 then its out of date... plus if you say its about 5 years old then that means it was published in 2000 and the objectives changed in 2003 so the book is old and in my opinion its worth getting the new one!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

speaking of exam codes, im not mistaken in saying the latest exam code is (220-302) if im not mistaken

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

220-301 for the hardware and 302 for OS.. the codes i gave were for the previous older versions which the book more likely covers...

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics