a beginner needs advice

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by riju78, Feb 21, 2009.

1. riju78

riju78 New Member

hi guys..i wanted to get some advice on where to get training for MCDST..best place which is not a rip off..computeach seems to have a bad reputation...and what are the job prospects..do u think i need to get some more certifications......
    thanks..

2. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Best bet is to self study mate! Save your self some dosh.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, be a part of this community and introduce yourself here. :)

If you want a class based route, contact your local college to see if they do the MCDST. They are cheaper than alot of private training companies.

Or like it's already been mentioned, you can self-study for that cert.

As for whether you need more certs? Well the 3 main entry level/level 1 certs are the A+, Network+ & the MCDST as they give you a broad good skill set. I would not advise doing anything higher until you get your foot in the door of IT.

What are the job prospects like? Well the above 3 certs are geared up towards entry level/level 1 which could include helpdesl, junior tech/full technican, service desk, workshop, etc... However if your refering to the current economic climate, well we're in a resession so while there are still jobs out there, there's going to be more competition...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. riju78

riju78 New Member

thanks guys..i am going to start with A+ and see how it goes..self study seems to be the best idea...thanks again