A+ assesment question puzzle

Discussion in 'A+' started by troubledtony, Mar 28, 2006.

1. troubledtony

troubledtony Bit Poster

Hi all, just finished the last assesment on my A+ Hardware and i've come across an odd thing. A reference to 296 pin PGA

None of my reference material covers this and after a decent search on the net all i found was one mention and that said it was rare, is it? or am i missing something again????? :blink

Can somebody please explain what this is and how it relates to Pentium processors and their sockets?

Certifications: none
  2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

fyi. not sure where that question came from, but it's likely copyrighted material and as such should not be posted here.

3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

A 296 pin is a socket 7 configuration.

I've not come across the 296 reference before now though,so maybe it's just an obscure reference in your training providers material that really is too obscure to be relevant.

That said,I know know what socket 296 is!!

Certifications: A+ Network+
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

OK so 296 PGA is a 296 Pin Grid Array.... Its how the pins are layed out on the cpu... 296 of em ina grid lol.....

As already said this is a skt 7 array so a pentium it is. Now intel and amd do not use the PGA to name thier chips on motherboards... Its normally refered to by SKT.. Ie SKT A, SKT 7 or even SLOT 1. SO it is an obscure reference in a question thats not really relevant... I've never had to refer to the PGA number for mobo's anyway....

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. troubledtony

troubledtony Bit Poster

Thanks for that, thought it was an odd reference. no biggy though it was only a couple of marks dropped.
    (ps, question not copyright unless you can copyright a couple of words?)

Certifications: none
  6. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

okay, i'm sure i'm going to sound anal, but yes, you can actually copyright a couple of words, or in this case, a question. you already indicated that it's from a piece of assessment software. if it's from transcender, measureup, or maybe even from comptia, then you can bet it's copyrighted, even if the software was available free of charge.
    but hey, in the end it's not up to me, this is more something for the admins. i just wanted to point out that you have to be careful posting stuff like this. you could get cf in trouble.

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Okay, just to err on the safe side, I have edited the original question to paraphrase it in such a way as to not contravene any copyright laws.

Please *everyone* do not post actual questions from any published source. It could indeed land CF in hot water :eek:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)