A+ and N+

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by fsimeta, Feb 14, 2007.

1. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Yes I've gone mad and booked all of those for the 20th April. Had to put it here as it would be silly putting it across forum things :P

Time to revise is now!

Fsi

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+
    WIP: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

You've booked all 3 exams for the same day?

Bit of rescheduling might be in order? :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Ooooh! A risk taker! :biggrin

Good luck! :thumbleft

4. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Yup all in one day; 9am start 5pm finish. But of course if I finish one exam earlier I can go to the next; 1/2 hour break between each. Weekend off :)

5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Maybe you should check the Guiness Book of Records mate?

3 Exams in one day?

I think you broken the record mate:p :biggrin

Good luck!

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Good luck with it, braver then me for sure :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Well first time i heard of 3 in a day (I did 2 in a week - MCDST) but i guess if you know your stuff then you should have no worries! Just the mental part in your last exam might be a problem!

Anyway Good luck mate! :thumbleft

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  8. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

WOW! Your brave mate, good luck:D

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  9. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I didnt want to take two exams in the same week...did the A+ Hardware nearly two weeks ago...and got the OS next week...but 3 in one day? :blink wow that is brave...good luck mate :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  10. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Thanks all :) I've got 2 months to revise, already done the reading and absorbing of the material, have quite a few years background knowledge (building pc's, fixing pc's, reading really boring articles on networking :P)

Got some video tutorials to revise with and the usual cramsession materials. I'm going down actually on the Thursday to do some mock exams, then tidy up where I'm weak on knowledge and go for it on the Friday :)

Fsi

11. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Good Luck! isn't 3 a lucky number?

12. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

excellent effort, i did the two a+ in 24 hours but 3; you got balls fella i'll give you that

best of luck

:)

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I know one guy who took all 4 CCNP exams in one day. That said, I don't think he used legitimate study materials. :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Excellent - good luck, fsimeta :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  15. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I did the two A+ exams back to back but I think three would be pushing it. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  16. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Update:

Well my brain got back into my head and decided just to take the two A+ exams, and due to some personal stuff have had to move them to May.

I've found studying for them fun, yet when I've done the practice exams I've found it really hard to answer some of the questions both on the HW and the OS side. A lot of the material may well be in the books; but it seems like you have to have a lateral way of thinking to pass these exams. I also don't understand the scoring for the exams, is it 515 and 530 or something like that? And what is that out of, is there a percentage to pass these exams or is it some cryptic formula they have put together? :rolleyes:

I think I wanted to get some certifications, but was happy enough to swallow my pride and back off a little so that I can pass these two; I'm worried also that if I fail one I don't have the money to cover a re-take just yet and that would put me into the A+ 2006 exams and I don't know if you can carry one exam over ??

I think I would have preferred to do the 2006 version really now as it's so close to changing...

Fsi

17. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

personally I think the 2006 A+ is a load more relevant today as NT4, 95 & 98 isn't really that prevalent and they are not in the new exam

i dont think you can combine one 2003 and one 2006, so the way to avoid that one, is just don't fail! (no pressure ;) )

the pass marks are 505 for the OS and 515 for the hardware, the 2006 is higher but some say the exam is easier...

I applaud you for the having the courage to recognise that maybe 3 exams in one day is pushing it .. take it easy and it'll come good in the end

18. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No, you cannot combine exams. Both exams have to be the same version - both 2003 or both 2006.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  19. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Glad to see that you've come to your senses and reduced the pressure a bit.:oops:

Not having to also study for the N+ at the same time will really help you with learning better for the A+.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  20. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Thanks, its a sensible decision I'm happy to have taken now, but I still wonder at those scores, are they out of a 1000???

Anyone know? :)