A+ advice & info

Discussion in 'A+' started by pasledgehammer, Aug 10, 2005.

1. pasledgehammer

pasledgehammer Bit Poster

Lo all, just a breif history i took my hardware exam back on the 19/7/05 and passed it, didnt find it to bad. I took the OS exam today and failed by 10points :( . Ive been on the practice exams alot this week and read A+ complete. I found a lot of the questions a bit confusing always leaving 2 answers but hey, just gotta retake.

What i wanted to know was do u have 30 days after your first exam to pass the second one? & do they still hold true to the fact that if you fail it a 2nd time you have to wait 30days? this would be a disaster for me because im limited in time and money atm.

just 1 other thing, im thinking of taking the exam friday giving me tonight and tommorow to brush up on the areas i failed in, do u guys think this is a good idea? and anyone have any good free practice exam sites, because ive done all the questions on the A+ complete CD/book :(

well nice to meet you all anyway :D

Certifications: ECDL, A+
    WIP: N+, MCSA
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

As far as I know you can retake the exam straight away after you first fail it. If you fail it a second time then you will have to wait thirty days before retaking it.

As for the resources I can't help I'm affraid. If you had the money I'd suggest the transcenders, but they are expensive.

8)

3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

If you failed by only 10 points, you probably only missed just a few questions, so you are close. I know you probably don't know which questions did you in, but try to take a look at which areas of the OS exam challenge you the most. Chances are that's where you need to "beef up" a bit. I agree with Simon; Transcenders produces top notch mock testing software, but they are quite pricey.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. pasledgehammer

pasledgehammer Bit Poster

Cheers guys, i think your right i'll just beef up the bits i was weakest on and retake friday. just a confidence dent when your so close.

Certifications: ECDL, A+
    WIP: N+, MCSA
  5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Selftest software is written by the same company and is cheaper than Transcenders. I used it all the way through my certs studying and found it to be pretty good.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1