A+ 301 Exam (confused)

Discussion in 'A+' started by Colin1, May 25, 2007.

1. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Hello people, just a couple of questions if you dont mind as I am ultra confused ;(

a) I was told that I had until 30th June till the exam was updated from the 2003 objectives and the new objectives came into force. Is this true as I have just booked my 301 exam. Also does this apply to the A+ OS exam?

b) Is the 301 multiple choice only or does it involve structured sentences for answers

Cheers guys sorry for being a pain :oops:

Certifications: Cisco IT Essentials,
    WIP: IT degree, CIW (Web), A+, N+
  2. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

a) = Yes, if u are in the UK believe you have till June 30th till both exams are replaced.

b) = I believe most are multiple choice, with the odd diagram based question...someone else can confirm

HTH

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  3. fsimeta

fsimeta Nibble Poster

Yup, both right, 2006 objective exams start after the end of June.

And mainly multiple choice, though I didn't have any diagrams on my exam. But guess it's better to expect that there may be :)

Certifications: Comptia A+, Comptia Network+
    WIP: MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Not accurate. 2006 can allready be taken, 2003 stops 30 June.

A+ is MC but there are also graphic questions (what kind of jack do you see in the picture or identify so and so on this motherboard).
    There are no "fill in the blacks" as far as I know.
    90 questions in 100 minutes.
    Most questions are 'oneliners'.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  5. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Spot on that guys thanks a lot, Ive got another question, sorry.

Do you advise me to revise new material for the OS 2006 objectives? coz by the time I take my 301 exam what I have already studied will be of no use. And that way I can give myself time to prepare for 302

What you think? :rolleyes:

Cheers

6. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Yeah thats what I meant, can take 2006 now if u want but the deadline for 2003 is 30th June.

BTW, Colin, I don't think u can combine exams...ie if u pass one exam on the 2003 objectives you still have to pass both 2006 exams to be A+ certified.

HTH

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  7. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

You cant combine 2003/2006 objectives to get A+ certified. If you think you can pass both exams in time, then go for it, otherwise start learning the 2006 objectives.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  8. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Cool, now I understand, will the course that I done from home prepare me for the OS exam aswell? the course I done was the combined A+ N+ compTIA from schiedegger training.

Thanks again, I no am a pain

C :)

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No idea - most of us (if not all of us) probably don't know what Scheidegger Training covers. If you had asked me if a certain edition of book would prepare you, I could answer with some level of certainty.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Hy folks, firstly wana say thanks :biggrin for all the help and good advice that I received last week reagrding my A+ exams it was musch appreciated and because of this I am now confident I can do what has to be done.

I have now got a list of the objectives that I need to study so I am OK, and I have been going over all my old stuff. Some of it sounds weird but it's sinking in.

Thanks Again guys

C :D

11. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

So what have you decided, 2003 or 2006 objuctives?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  12. Colin1

Colin1 Byte Poster

Hy Raff am gona take the 2003 objectives as I more or less know were I am with that. Ive got a few weeks to cramm up, given am working towards a degree aswell it is quite a hectic time but once its out the way its onwards and upwards i suppose.

Cheers m8

C:D