83-640 confusing

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Rob1234, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I saw another thread about the 70-640 changing to the 83-640, so I done a bit of looking around and it seems that I can still sit the 70-640 in the UK but it wont be in English if I want to do it in English I have to take the 83-640 it should either be one or the other I feel.

As the actual course content has not changed I assume all the books that were written for 70-640 will still be fine to study the 83-640?

But when it comes to the actual practise software I will need to make sure I pick the 83 and not the 70 just looked on Transcender the 83 costs $200 !!

Certifications: A few.
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The 640 is making the move over to the 83 series, which is lab based, so pretty soon it won't matter where you are.

The lab-based exam also includes traditional multiple-choice item types. Microsoft does not plan to discontinue that type of question at this time, since some points are better tested in a question/answer format than by demonstrating a technique. See here.

The exam objectives & content has not changed, just the format.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security