702 then 701?

Discussion in 'A+' started by shadowwebs, Dec 22, 2011.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Do I need to study the 701 from Professor Messer then 702 or can I do the 702 first and take the exam followed by 701 then take the exam?

I know in some exams you need to follow it from the start to finish so in this case from 701 through to 702, but with A+ can you do it was 702 study then exam and then then 701 study followed with 701 exam?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

You can do them in any order.
    The two are so interlinked that their isn't really any way to study for both separately. I know, I tried.
    I believe this current version is basically the same material in both with an emphasis on knowing facts in the 701 and combining these facts with logical troubleshooting in the 702. Same facts, different way of using them.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

thanks for the reply... I am going to hit the 702 as it's more hands on which I think I may find the easier option but only one way to find out.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)