70-697 (Configuring Windows Devices)

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by shadowwebs, Apr 28, 2016.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Is anyone else doing this exam? I could do with a bit of advice and maybe even a study buddy where we could possibly call on each other from time to time if needed. I'm still early in to the course material

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
    garycul likes this.
  2. monobrow

monobrow Nibble Poster

I got the Inside-Out and Exam Ref Books a little while ago, but I haven't made a start yet. I have no knowledge at all of Windows 8 or 8.1 though, so I might not be a good fit for you, if you have. I've just been using 10 at home and getting a feel for it in general use. I will make a start on the books soon though.

Certifications: MOS Outlook 2010, MOS Word 2010, MCTS Windows 7, ITIL v3 Foundations, MCDST
  3. MatGyro

MatGyro New Member

Just sat and passed this exam. It's not as bad as people say it is, however, it quite broad. My team and I worked through the 70-697 book from Microsoft (used it as structure) and also used the CBT nuggets with James Conrad.

We also spent a lot of time using Intune, Azure and of course Windows 10.

The exam seems to move between client, server and cloud creating a very broad exam.

Also found this online, it gives you 15 question practice test. It's free and quite simple but offers a bit of an idea of what type of question you get on the exam. http://www.accelerated-ideas.com/exams/practice-exam.aspx?group=70-697&fq=1&qmax=15

Certifications: MCP, MCTS, MTA, MOS, MCDST, MCSA, ACDT, ACHDS, ACTC
    WIP: 70-411, 70-412
    garycul likes this.
  4. garycul

garycul Nibble Poster

Hi there, yes I'm doing this at the moment. I have nearly completed the 233 short videos on ITDVDS to get the whole scope of the material covered fairly quickly. The videos are very good indeed. No waffle and I've labbed the stuff as I've gone along. Then I'm going to spend the next four weeks watching the CBT Nuggets videos (99 of them) and lab and read as I go along. That's basically how I passed the Win 7 and Win 8.1 config exams. I did have the official Windows 7 MOAC Book and Labs that I bought off eBay and they are superb. Also I did all the professor Messer videos and ITFree Training videos on Youtube.

My lab now for 70-697 is Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro. In there I have a Windows 7 client (to test upgrades, USMT etc), 2x Windows 10 Enterprise clients and a Windows Server 2012 Server.

The only issue I have in with the Intune and Azure parts. I've done some Intune before, signed up for a trial and played around with it, managed desktops and mobile devices, policies, company portal, deeplink apps etc. However the Azure part is a bit flaky for me. Before I sign up for the 30 day trial I am not sure how I need to set up the lab to interface with Azure and I don't want to mess around trying to get it even just working then run out of trial time.

Good luck with the studying and send me a msg if you need any help, tips etc.

Certifications: 70-697 Configuring Windows Devices, 70-680 Configuring Windows 7, 70-687 Configuring Windows 8.1, TCP/IP ON NT4, NT 4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Windows 95, Windows 3.1, ITIL SLM Practitioner, ITIL v2 and v3 Foundation
  5. salina84

salina84 New Member

Hey, When are you going to take the exam?