70-682 Feedback

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by rjd1983, Jun 25, 2010.

1. rjd1983

rjd1983 New Member

Hello all, my first time here.

I'm attempting to pass the 70-682 exam (upgrading your MCDST to 7). I've taken it twice, and unfortunately I have not passed. The first time I scored 583, and second time I scored 622. How many questions approx would be away from passing? And can I actually find out what my weak areas were? On the printout you get, it only gives you a breakdown of how you actually did on 680 and 685, and not the categories - not very helpful for me to improve! I've been using Transcenders to study.

Is it wise to do the 680 and 685 separately? If I do it separately, do I need to do HDI? Are MS still wanting HDI?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. rjd1983

rjd1983 New Member

No one able to help me on this?

3. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi,

The pass mark for MS exams is 700/1000 and there is usually no set amount of questions for each exam so one day you could get 50 the next 58 so you could be off by 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 etc questions. However, how many questions you are away isn't the point :wink:

Are you using any study materials other than Transcender (is that the practice exam or the study materials)? I would advise to use more than one material to ensure all the bases are covered - my preference is always the MS press books (680 & 685) with something like CBT training as well as a virtual environment to practice with.

You only need to do the 70-680 and the 70-685 for the MCITP:EDST and not HDI. MS decided not to pursue the HDI route. Deciding whether to do the one exam or two depends on you really - there is no reason why you shouldn't go for the 70-682 (as long as you have the MCDST).

My main advice would be to go back through all the topic areas until you are fully comfortable with all the subject matter and practice with the OS. I hope this helps.

Crazy Horse