70-680 online resources?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Helen., Aug 23, 2011.

1. Helen.

Helen. Bit Poster

Hi guys!

Firstly, I hope I'm posting in the right place...

If anyone could advise me on what online (preferably free) materials/exam practice there may be, that would be great! I really hate reading from books after reading through 3 yellow pages sized books for my A+ and Network+.

Cheers guys!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
    Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: MCTS/MCITP
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I have not watched much of them but other people on CF rate professor messer videos pretty highly for freebies Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft Certification Training Reading from books/tech papers though is quite often the only way you are going to obtain enough detail on a new subject to pass.

You can just read a chapter on a subject and then play with the features you learned about in a lab environment. That should break up the necesary reading enough to make it not quite so much of a chore. Also by playing with the features you get to find out how it actually works in the real world which is something the books etc quite often skim around!!

Good Luck the with 680

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Helen.

Helen. Bit Poster

Ah thank you! Yeah think i'll probably do a chapter a day then play around for a day or something. I'm finding this material a lot harder than the A+, probably because it's a lot more theoretical... A lot more nitty gritty bits to remember :/

Got 5 weeks left so hopefully i'll be ok!

4. nicko16

nicko16 New Member

Hi,

I'm prepping for the 680 exam now and i'd reccomend the following.

-Free Messer videos
    -Free Technet virtual labs
    -Technet

I think the official press-book is good for the price.

Many people reccomend Boson practice questions but ive not used them myself.

5. bogus1195

bogus1195 Bit Poster

I am preparing mine as well and the resources i am using are

- Don Poulton's
    - Professor Messers Videos
    - Ms Press
    - Sybex Book

Certifications: CCNA ,MCP
    WIP: Windows 7 -- 70 - 680
  6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  7. Helen.

Helen. Bit Poster

Thank you all! I never know really what to use/trust online, since a lot of the sites I have looked at seem to go into more depth/cover more things than others.

Thanks again for the info!

H