70-680 Any takers?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by skulkerboyo, Jan 29, 2010.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Hey
    Just got the book. Really got it so I can have a read up on Win 7 features. I've no intention of using at home or as my main work system but have to test it with our systems and manage the rollout.

Going to do the exam as I dont think it'll be too taxing plus it'll ease me into the 648 as I've let study fall to the wayside recently as I focused more on my hobbys

Anyone else doing/done this one

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Nope. Waiting for 70-682 like a good little sheep, and have 297 to keep me occupied until March.

Going on a MS course for 680 in a couple of weeks, but I'm sure I can fill in the blanks and take the 682 when it is released.

...Isn't it your birthday today too mate? I was going to post something, but didn't want to steal Mr. Cheeks' thunder.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Denver Maxwell

Denver Maxwell Nibble Poster

Been thinking about it.
    I intend to use it as my client option on the MCSE, ive been using Windows 7 at home since it first became available on TechNet for testing purposes. Its pretty good and I can see organisations moving to it in the near future especially those that have already deployed 2008 Server in there environments.

Im of the thinking that it will be the next cert i take after the one im about to take in the next couple of weeks.

Hoping to get some role out jobs in the spring, ive got plenty XP experience and I doubt anyone will be deploying Vista anymore so it makes sense to me at least to give it a go.

Certifications: VMware VCP v5, GVF Level 3a, ITIL V3, Windows 2008 something or other...
    WIP: Prince 2? CCENT? mmm donno
  4. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Skipped the MCDST so 682 bears no real significance to me. I'm looking at the 680 as the 270 for the noughties :biggrin. Havent really researched the new cert track much so just planning to update my current skillset

Yeah birthday and I've pretty much spent all day taking it in the rear from directors because of a couple of Notes mail template problems. I'd have been at home except I'm against the clock on a desktop hardware refresh

Picture me getting into the pub for lunch and my phone and Berry going off at the same time just I'm about to order

Oh for an exchange environment

Off t pub in half hour though

I noticed none of the newer client exams are listed in the headings above client exams in the MS section so asked the question in general

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
    Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417