70-623 + 70-625 booked for monday

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by techno, Jul 30, 2009.

1. techno

techno Bit Poster

Hi all
    I have 70-623 booked for monday, the guy selling vouchers sold me 2 vouchers upfront which worked out 2 for about 76 quid so i thought well il book 70-625 on the same day as 623 as theres no books or practice exams im not really fussed if i fail as im looking at it as a free exam.
    have done 1 or 2 practice tests on 623 and scored 75% and 80% so im fairly confident.
    Anyone done 623 and have any tips to pay special attention to.
    Really excited to hopefully walk out with 2 exams under my belt. and MCITP.:D:D:D:D:D
    if all go's well i hopefully will do 70-680 by end of augest before starting my BTec ND in Computer Forensics.
    Really exited about the course because they might stick me straight in the second year and il get CCNP in an evening course. So what with the btec and CCNP i doubt my brain will be able to handle more exams.
    looking forward to not working really and learning as my job is getting a bit dull and tedius so new skills would be great. And the 6 week summer holidays should be good to do an exam but only downside is the lack of money.
    But its worth it in the long run as the guy said GCHQ hire people from the course. I would really really love to work for them. I know it might not happen but its good to have ambition and a bit of a dream lol.

Sorry if ive ranted on

Hope to hear from you all soon
    Chris

Certifications: MCTS X 4, MCITP Consumer Support
    WIP: 70-271, 70-272 im on a break
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

It is good to have an ambition mate and if the money works for you, its a career maker working for them. Best of luck with your exams and let us know how you get on, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. techno

techno Bit Poster

Thanks for your reply JK. Just out of interest how did you find 624. its 622 that makes enterprise support isnt it.
    Also on a low note. if i walk out of the exam center and god forbid but i failed both i think this would really knock my confidence would. Im only young and just wondered how often people fail? how do you deal with it.
    thanks
    Chris

4. JK2447

Hi Chris, if you have passed 620 you will find 624 covers much of the same only more of something called BDD. You should find it OK. Thats right mate, we could sit 621 to be a MCITP Customer Support or 622 to be MCITP Enterprise Support as we have 620 or 624. I won't be doing that as I have enough exams to sit already and hope to upgrade my MCSE to MCITP Enterprise Admin anyway eventually. I don't want to get certs just for the sake of it.

With regards to failing, if you check out my threads, I have failed 3 exams before earning my MCSA: Security. Yes its gutting but if you just look at it as a learning experience and try harder the next time, you will pass. I think we've all failed one/many at some point along the way so honestly don't worry about it. I don't worry about failing, I just hate paying for the same exam again but what can you do.

Best of luck with your studies, keep us updated, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  5. techno

techno Bit Poster

Thanks a lot JK thats made me feel alot better although im sure you pros have failed the seriously hard exams like security etc where as mine are vista config etc. I do get a bit depressed at times and doubt my abilitys but ususally when something goes wrong or i hit a low note.

Ive got shermans disease which means im on 4 different sorts of pills so i do get a bit down about that but i was really proud to become a mcts so fingers crossed it should be ok. I must admit i havent put as much revision in for 623 as the chapters are almost identical to 620. so if i do fail its only a lack of revision so il know better for next time.

Thanks alot for your support though jk means a lot.
    Chris

6. JK2447

No problem mate, happy to help someone just starting out. Try not to get down when studying for your certifications because its not the end of the world if you fail. What is important is that you get there in the end. Sometimes its just not your day i.e. I passed an exam today that I failed just over a week ago. I only failed it by 2 questions the 1st time. Good luck and chin up mate. If you get stuck, ask us lot on here because there's always someone who's been in your shoes. Jim

7. techno

techno Bit Poster

Thanks again my friend and congrats on the pass. you have so many certs its mental. fair play to you i can only hope to aspire to have that many some day.
    hope you dont mind me asking but are you in a job? if so whats your title and just wondered how old you are.
    but again fair play to you and thanks for helping out, this forums great.
    Thanks
    Chris