70-622 Measure UP (Included) with MS Press

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Éireannach, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Éireannach

Éireannach Bit Poster

Hi,

Has anyone else had issue with the MeasureUP Test asking questions which are not covered in the Ms Press Book it comes with. Had two questions so far one relating to Key Managment Service and another to SFC which i got wrong and which MeasureUP says is answered in Chapter 2 Lesson 3 but are not mentioned once in the entire lesson.

Thanks

Certifications: None :-(
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Currently studying the 70-620 so that's semi similar to yours. In my experience the MeasureUp tests do seem to be slightly more difficult than the actual exam so I wouldn't worry too much.

Anyway, here's the thing... The test review questions and the book don't cover all of the possible things that come up in the exam (it covers a good majority though!).

Have a look at the table at the very bottom of Microsoft's spec for the 70-622 entitled Skills measured and you'll see what I mean.

Linky - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-622.mspx

Hope this helps.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Not entirely surprising TBH, Measureup I've always found to be variable quality, especially the ones that come with the books. If you purchase the practice questions from measureups website they do seem to be better quality but for me I've always found that the measureup questions are generally nothing like the real questions you get in the exam. IE the exams ask you about stuff in the objectives but more often than not the measureups seem to ask quite alot of weird questions that just dont sit right with the exams.

Stupidly enough its taken me the whole of the MCSA track to figure out that I dont really like the measureups and the next MS exam I do I shall be looking for another provider.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. Éireannach

Éireannach Bit Poster

YEs.. It's really frustrating.. Sitting here thinking how have i missed what must be an entire Section of a lesson on say Key Managment Service and then when i return to the quoted area of the MS Press book which measure up qoutes as its source there is no mention of the material. Makes it quite hard to identify weak knowledge areas when your being asked questions on non existant topics that refer to no existant material. :x

5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I wouldn't worry too much, just study and revise as much as possible and knock the exam out. As I said before, I've found that the practice exams are more difficult than the real thing.

The best of luck when you take it.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. Éireannach

Éireannach Bit Poster

Cheers :-)... Anyone got any opinions on Transcender Test Exams...

7. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Why not download the free demos from several companies and see which ones look like the best to you? We (Boson) offer a free demo for the 70-622 exam you can download and try out.

8. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

I sat the 70-622 a few weeks ago (note to self, must post study guide)

I noted a few mistakes in the book and on a few on the measure practice tests, if you dispute a question my advice would be to look it up on technet. Thats what I did.

Looking up stuff on technet reinforces what you already know and gets your brain used to planet microsoft and their official line.

I bought a transender exam a few days before the test, my opinion is that the trancender exams were harder than the exam and the measure up tests were a good example of the difficulty of this exam.

Without breaking the NDA, my top tip is to cast your eye over technet articles regarding Vista and WLAN, Group policy, WinPE and WAIK and the basics of IPv6.

Good luck.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  9. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Also, yes the measure up exam did ask questions not covered in the book.

Also the exam asked questions not covered in the book, however if you have a play with a couple of virtual vista machines in an AD environment you will cover these subjects.

Get those VMs fired up and break things, then fix them again. You will learn loads and it will stick.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA