70-621

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Raffaz, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Just wondering if anyone knows of any books for this, or is the exam not officially released yet? Cheers

Mick

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

Exam is live now, as for study guides:

You can use the 70-620 & the 70-622 MS Press books or

The Sybex books for the 70-620 & 70-622 or

Transcender kits from here.

There's a start, hope it helps.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

What im going to do if i ever upgrade is do 620 then 622. I know you can do the 621 BUT you have to study both 620 and 622 study guides because there is no 621 guide! That and the fact that Vista is a "new" OS so you might as well take the easier of the exams - 620 that is before jumping into 622! And another plus should you ever need it 620 will have to be taken for MCITP Enterprise Server 2008 - even if you passed 622 - and 620 can still be applied to MCSE 2003.... so IMO there is plenty of reasons to start off with 620 and then doing 622! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Raffaz

Ah right, cheers for the info. I was thinking of doing the 621 just to update my MCDST. I might look into doing them both now.

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Microsoft did a u-turn regarding the 70-621 not counting as a 70-620 even though it covers the required topics, you can read my post here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's often the case with upgrade exams. Doesn't make sense to publish a whole new book when the upgrade exams consist of the same content you'll find in the individual exams. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Raffaz

So is everything in the 620 and 622 covered in the 621 exam or is it just certain bits. Also congrats on the 3000+ rep BM :)

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Dunno... as far as I am aware, it's everything in 620 and 622. If there's anything missing or added, I'm unaware of it.

Thanks for noticing the rep - it's my pleasure to help. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!