70-620 Next Monday

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by ScoobyDoo, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo Byte Poster

Well I have finally 'scheduled my appointment' for next Monday to sit this exam. Although the content - per the training kit - appears basic, I am actually quite nervous that I have been lulled into a false sense of security.

I'll let you know.

SD

Certifications: <<See Below>>
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck on your exam :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Best of luck. :D

4. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo Byte Poster

Hello everyone

Well I managed to pass the 70-620 this morning with a score of ... .wait for it ... 1000. That's the first time I've ever done that in an exam - & it will probably be the last.

Before everyone starts sending their congrats, this exam is actually insultingly easy. I was worried that I was being lulled into a false sense of security during my study. It really is entry-level stuff.

Anyway, If you haven't taken this exam before, here is my advice.

(i) Use the Microsoft Training Kit & a Vista PC (or VPC) running Ultimate. I spent a month working through the exercises / mock exams etc that came with the book.
    (ii) Know the NEW features of Vista - & their purpose. You will be asked about them - but at a basic level.
    (iii) Read the exam questions carefully. Usually, the most obvious answer is the correct one. In several questions there is only one correct answer. There are no tricks.
    (iv) If only one answer refers to a Vista specific feature, that is the correct answer.

One other thing that happened today was that I got the same question twice - with only a sleight change in the wording. Both the answers were identical. I've never had that before.

Anyway, the Microsoft Training Kit of 70-622 is sitting next to me as I write this. I will be opening it shortly. (Any advice on this exam would be appreciated.)

Certifications: <<See Below>>
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Very well done! Major congrats! :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. Matthew Tailor

Matthew Tailor Banned

Score of 1000! Nice job mate.

Its always good coming out of an exam with the right result. So you over studied but hey, you passed the exam! :D

Certifications: MCSD, MCPD
    WIP: MCPD 2008 (3.5)
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Nice score well done. beers all round then!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  10. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Welcome to the 1000 club :)

Well done and congratulations!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5