70-620 booked for wednesday

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Djtezze, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Djtezze

Djtezze New Member

hey everyone, ive booked myself in for the vista exam next week. just wondering if anyone whos taken the beta or released versions of this exam could just give me an idea of what its all about.
    Ive been using vista since the public beta2 last year and have been doing some extensive "poking around" in the retail version to try and get myself up to speed.

Thanks for any help.

Djtezze.

*edit*
    Ive already passed 270, 290, 291, 293, 294 + 297. im on an MCSE course but decided to take the vista exam supplimental to what the course provides.. ill have to take it eventually anyway so whats the harm in doing it now?

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Good Luck.

All I can say for this exam is know your way around Vista! :biggrin

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Know Vista, especially the new features not found in XP.

Best of luck!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck. Lets us know how you get on. :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Djtezze

Djtezze New Member

Passed! woo!:biggrin

56 questions (:eek:) and 2 hours to do them in, plenty of time if your familiar with vista.

It was ok, i was a bit worried about what to expect as the exam objectives have changed a bit compared to the 270 (xp) exam. whereas the xp exam was comprehensive and covered mass deployment and other business-specific topics, the vista exam is a lot more concerned about actually using the OS itself in a day to day environment.
    I had several questions on the new networking interface and a few on technologys in vista like sideshow, readyboost, sleep mode and hardware requirements, there were also questions on bundled applications like calendar, fax and scan, meetingspace and sidebar.
    Ive gotta thank zimbo for the thread linking to paul thurrotts vista activity center VERY USEFULL and covers pretty much everything in Microsofts preperation guidelines for the exam.

If any of this message infringes the rules of this board then feel free to edit away moderaters, but as far as i can see im not divulging any information other than whats avaliable from microsofts own objective sheet.

Thanks for the support guys. :)

6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good luck bro.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

I think you're fine - as you stated, that stuff's listed on Microsoft's objectives for 70-620.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats.

Nice little review too. Thanks. :biggrin

9. Djtezze

Djtezze New Member

I had a nice little surprise from microsoft when my MCP transcript was updated the other day... the vista exam added to the exams id already taken gave me my MCSE qualification! :D i dont know why or how, as the vista exams arnt on the certification planner part of the MCP site but when i checked it said id acheived MCTS, MCSA and MCSE all on the same day lol... obviously vista filled in the holes needed:D

10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats. Talk about killing 3 birds with one stone :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. brom_star

brom_star Bit Poster

Found good exam cram questions on ebay - do a search for 70-620

12. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

brom-star

That's the second time you've told us about stuff on ebay. It's not your shop is it??

I think that I would only buy my training material from a proper shop. At least I know it's not ripped off, not BD material and that it deff has all the right info in.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  13. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Cool stuff, congrats, you must be over the moon 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)