70-536 Which Version of this book is the best?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Lozmo9, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Lozmo9

Lozmo9 New Member

Hi,

I am about to start studying the 70-536 course in C# (Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 Application Development Foundation ).

There are two books that have been recommended to me but I do not know which is the best?

Can someone let me know which is the best???

The Microsoft book can be purchased at a cheaper price but the other one is much newer and up-to-date.
    I hear the Microsoft book has lots os errors in it.

Please can you let me know what you think?

Microsoft press
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0735622779/sr=1-1/qid=1193507611/ref=olp_product_details/202-3744430-9591063?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1193507611&sr=1-1&seller=

Pearson education
    http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/id/MCTS_70_536_Exam_Prep_Microsoft_Net_Framework_20_Foundation_Exam/9780789735584

Thanks Lozmo9..........

Certifications: 11+
    WIP: Decorating
  2. Lozmo9

Lozmo9 New Member

Just in case people don't like clicking on links of the books, they are as follows.
    Please let em now which you think is the best????

Microsoft book
    MCTS Self Paced Training Kit: Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 Application Development Foundation (Pro-Developer) (Hardcover)

BOOK2
    MCTS 70-536 Exam Prep
    Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 Foundation Exam
    Amit Kalani
    ISBN: 078973558X
    Multimedia Item
    Pearson Education (US)

Thanks Lozmo9

Certifications: 11+
    WIP: Decorating
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I used the MS Press Kit, It was fine, yes it had many typos but they were pretty obvious, also there is an errata online if you want to make extra sure.

I doubt there will be many people with an opinion on both books as most will just use one or the other. Unless you can find a trainer with an unbiased opinion on a blog somewhere...

4. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

I am studying for this now (well, I take the exam on wed :s). I have used the Microsoft book which was good but its not a full solution neways, you will still need to dig around to get more information.

I found most of the errors were copy and paste for example sometimes it would show C# code instead of VB code but it seemed pritty complete for C#.

I also had the online material from Microsoft which explains the items in a lot more detail and is easy to get links to different pages etc.

Am still proper scared about Wed though, not 100% sure on what I will get asked.

Certifications: BSc(Hons), MCTS Web Development
  5. wideboy_west

wideboy_west Bit Poster

i thought

MCTS 70-536 Exam Prep
    Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 Foundation Exam
    Amit Kalani
    ISBN: 078973558X
    Multimedia Item
    Pearson Education (US)

was not till next year?