70-536 Exam Content....

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by fruddinator, Oct 30, 2009.

1. fruddinator

fruddinator New Member

Hi all,

I've ready the study guide twice now and then I bought the practice exam pack from t******g.

I did the practice exams and found there were really specific questions about framework classes that weren't even mentioned in the study guide!

For example one question tested my knowledge of the PublisherMembershipCondition class, in particular it's methods. Again not mentioned in the study guide.

So I'm wondering is this a realistic question for the exam? There were several other examples of this!

I'm happy to do the study but feel a bit discouraged like I'm going to be asked what I haven't studied.

Any thoughts or guidance is most appreciated.

Thanks again
    Andrew Duffy

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Te****ng are an illegal braindump provider, using them is cheating and devalues the certification for everyone. You could also find yourself banned for life from taking certification exams by Microsoft.

MS recommends MeasureUp as an approved Exam Simulation provider for this exam.

The 70-536 exam tests on the objectives specified on their site :-

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=70-536&Locale=en-us

The exam does not test to the training kit, this is an important distinction, MS expects a certain level of proficiency and experience before you even attempt reading the training guide and taking the exam. They expect you to know the framework from real world use and reading around the subject.

I agree this does seem rather unfair on one level, but MS view these certifications as validating work experience. They are not designed like an academic course, where you study the sylabus and then take an end of term exam. They are not really designed as a training course, despite some training providers trying to market them as such.

This is a common issue with entry level versus non entry level certs, unfortunately people don't understand this, or choose to deliberately ignore this. The trouble is many people want to use advanced certifications like traditional education or to try to fast track their career when they don't have enough experience.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  3. fruddinator

fruddinator New Member

Thanks DMarsh..... i had no idea about t*****ng.... I'll switch over to measure up.

What does it mean by "braindump provider"? They somehow get a copy of the actual questions and onsell them?

Thanks again
    Andrew

4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Basically yes, they obtain the actual pool of current exam questions, and sell them on.

As per DMarsh's spot-on advice, you are well clear of whatever they have to offer - no one can improve through cheating.

Good luck with your exams.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

6. fruddinator

fruddinator New Member

Thanks again guys....

Now I get it..... the exam content and the idea behind the exams etc.

Last question am I asked questions in VB and C#? (Haven't done much VB!)

Cheers

7. dmarsh

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

As far as I can remember I think you get three language choices for the 70-536 exam :-

C#
    VB .Net
    Managed C++

I chose C#, you get a choice before the exam, once the exam begins all questions will be in that language.

I think this is all explained in the training kit.

The training kit has two languages just so they don't have to print two versions of the book for (C# / VB .Net).

Other MCPD exams are available in just two languages C# and VB .Net.

Best of luck !

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  8. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Certguard calls both "braindumps" (actual exam questions) and illegal resellers (copyright violators) braindumps.
    Illegal resellers basically repackage copyrighted material from one (or several) sources and sell them as their own.
    Although using an illegal reseller isn't technically cheating from the point of view of the exam the actual definition of cheating is up to the exam providers and I assume they also take a very dim view of this.
    Either way it's not worth the risk.

Certguard seem to have a sense of humour too:

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  9. Maryloveus

Maryloveus Bit Poster

please refuse using any braindumps ,which could not help you .We could not site the exams to get a paper .
    What can hlep us is to improve ourselves .

if you want to site this exam again ,In my opinion ,this post Link Removedfor 70-536 may be useful for u .

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Why would a reputable company like Kaplan or MeasureUp purchase a braindump company like TestKing? TKs content is useless. TKs employees can't offer anything of benefit. TKs customer list is worthless, because it consists of people who want to pay comparatively little money for actual test questions - they won't buy higher-priced products that are NOT the same as the exam.

So... I'll put my money on #2 happening before #1 happens.

Just to clarify - and I've mentioned this and mentioned this and mentioned this to Robert at Certguard before - Kaplan did NOT dispose of Transcender's documents when they bought Transcender. I should know - I was one of the few employees they kept.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Uh... no, Mary. That's absolutely the kind of site we DON'T want here. That site links to sites that contain braindumps and pirated material.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. nmerrigan

nmerrigan Bit Poster

I did a couple of posts on the whole 70-536 exam... I tried to get MSDN links to most of the topics...

Posts 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Might be of some use who knows

Also to go over your original question..

With this exam, the training kit can be how shall we say it.. lacking..

Certifications: MCP,MCAD,MCSD.NET,MCDBA,MCTS,MCITP,MCPD
    WIP: Upgrading my current certifications