70-401 booked

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Apexes, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Booked for the 15th August, the first working day after my week long course on SCCM - i'm hoping the knowledge will be fresh in my mind and be able to blitz it!

This'll be the first time i've actually sort of done an "intensive" training course then an exam - hoping it will work out!

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Just be careful with this exam matey, it's not the easiest. Some information probably won't be covered on the course, but will be expected of you in the actual exam. E.G. Log file names, and what information is stored in them.

Check to see if the exam covers R3 too (it didn't when I took it, but that could change), because if it does then you'll need to swat up on your power management stuff.

The best of luck with it.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Cheers Qs

Have been working on a live system for the last 4 weeks now, so i have some basic knowledge, especially log files - i can name each one off by heart the amount i've been going through them lol.

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I was going to do the exam but I ended up switching jobs and got tasked with other certs. I will still do it at some point. The MS Press book has some good info, hopefully you have that handy on you... Good luck! :)

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I would watch this space with interest as this is my next port of call in terms of certs. I would be setting up SCCM 2007 in a live virtual environment at work in the coming months as well.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

hehe, same as me Prof - i was in line for infrastructure work, so was studying towards that (Bought the damn books aswell) but moved across to sccm.

Either way, i'll get onto the infrastructure later on i guess.

I'm getting alot of training on the job at the moment, am moving onto SCUP now - which seems actually quite easy. i get an MS Press book with the course i beleive - so am learning tons whilst in work at the moment :)

7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good stuff :) I've setup SCUP just before I left my other place... but it did work flawlessly!

Actually before I left, I had to make some changes where I had to setup a Proxy MP in some sites due to slow WAN connections to the HQ... Now I am purely in a Cisco, IBM, and VMware world... Not SCCM here ;)

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. mcrilly

mcrilly Byte Poster

Good luck Apexes! I'm sure you will conquer this one with ease mate.

That's pretty much how I want my career to land eventually :)

Certifications: CCENT
    WIP: CCNA, RHCE, & VCP