70-315 question

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by rincewind, Mar 7, 2010.

1. rincewind

rincewind New Member

Hi everyone!
    First of all, great forum : )

Now... I want to try myself on that exam and I want to ask you how much time do you think I need to spend preparing for it?
    I`m sorry if the question is not the first of it`s kind, but i didn`t find my answer on the web.

If we assume that I know the basics of c#(like, I can write a simple printing engine), how much time will I need to learn the rest?

P.P.: I`m sorry for my poor english

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

As long as it takes. Everyone is different. Some people need no time at all to prepare; others take years.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. rincewind

rincewind New Member

Well.. maybe that`s the right answer for this question(still I was hoping for some pro to say something like... 1 month or so xD)

Anyway, thanks for the reply

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If they tell you it takes "1 month or so", then they're not "pros"... they're setting you up to either overstudy or not study long enough.

Consider if someone were to tell you it should take you about a month. If you feel like you're not ready after a month, you'll start stressing because you've been told you SHOULD be ready. On the other hand, if you feel like you're ready after a week, you'll feel pressured to keep studying, because you've been told that you SHOULD need a month. See the logic? Any specific answer is liable to cause you more harm than good.

Glad to be of assistance. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Um, unless I'm very much mistaken, 70-315 retired in March 2009.

So I'd save the time for something else...

:eek:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. rincewind

rincewind New Member

@JonnyMX is right, the exam has retired in 2009 o.O
    Wow....thank you for the info xD
    -----------------
    THREAD SOLVED