70-293 beware

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by nutsy, Aug 4, 2009.

1. nutsy

nutsy Bit Poster

just passed the 70-293 today, and thought i should mention that the mspress book is definately not enough to properly prepare for this exam - doesn't go into enough detail on several subjects.

Use the study guide pinned at the top, and pass your 70-291 first - theres a lot of shared material between the two exams - and you should be ok, but don't rely on the book!!

I had LOADS of questions on certificates, and LOADS of questions on Routing and Remote access, and IPSEC.

I actually found this exam the most difficult so far, got 822 whereas all previous have been 900+ - not only that it took me nearly 2 hours, and I'm usually done within one!

Very much glad i took the time to install cert services and play around with it last night! saved me a couple of wrong answers!

WIP: MCSE
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Well done. This is exactly why I never use one source of info when studying for an exam. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and thanks for sharing:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

thanks for heads up I'm looking at IPSec now for 70-291

7. nutsy

nutsy Bit Poster

thanks all! just 2 more to go and then i can rest for a bit!! phew

WIP: MCSE
  8. Gerbil

Gerbil Bit Poster

Sat and passed 70-293 today and I can only repeat what nutsy has already said. Make sure you know certificates and IPSEC inside out. I found it a lot tougher than 70-291 and that's mainly because I find it difficult to get excited about certificates and IPSEC so revising was a bit of yawn.

Plan your time well and don't panic if the first hour goes by really quick and you haven't got that far. For some reason the longer questions and simulations were all at the start of my exam and I was beginning to think I'd run out of time if it continued that way. Luckily I got on to more familiar territory and didn't encounter any more simulations so finished with 20 minutes to spare and time to review the questions I'd marked.

Certifications: MCSE (NT4, W2K, W2K3), VCP
    WIP: 70-640
  9. daft_togger

daft_togger Nibble Poster

Congrats on the pass, well done

Certifications: 70-290, 70-620
    WIP: 70-291