70-293 and 70-294 being retired, or did I just dream that?

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by motorleague, Sep 27, 2007.

1. motorleague

motorleague Bit Poster

I'm sure i read on the M$ site that 70-293 and 70-294 were being retired March/April of next year, but I can't find the damn links either on the Microsoft site or elsewhere, so I'm starting to wonder if I've got it wrong now.

It's not as if Longhorn is anywhere near ready yet, so I guess it wouldn't make much sense?

Am I talking out my arse here? :)

Thanks.

Alex.

Certifications: MCSA, A+, Network+
    WIP: CCNA, MCSE
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I highly doubt it to be honest. Certainly for the 70-294 at least. AD on Server 2003 is in mainstream use for businesses, and it will be a long time before the new gen becomes mainstream.

As I understand it, they only retire the exams for a product when they stop support for the product. Server 2003 (and by extension AD for 2003) wont be retired any time soon.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. ajs1976

ajs1976 Byte Poster

Here is the link to the exams that are being discontinued: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx

The only exams that are being discontinued that are related to Windows 2003 are the upgrade exams: 70-292 and 70-296.

I haven't seen any announcements as to when the other 2003 exams may be retired. The best place to watch for announcements is Trika's blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/ Information will usually appear there before it is posted on the MS Learning website.

Certifications: MCSE, CCEA, Sec+, L+, N+
    WIP: 2008, CAG, or CCENT (not sure)
  4. motorleague

motorleague Bit Poster

Ah, I think I might have had 70-294 and 70-292 confused a few weeks back. I suspect that's where I've gotten confused.

Thanks for the replies all.

Alex.

Certifications: MCSA, A+, Network+
    WIP: CCNA, MCSE