70-291 Wild Beast

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by ravnil, Jul 20, 2009.

1. ravnil

ravnil Bit Poster

Failed twice by few marks. Can anyone suggest a free site for simulation practice ? Thanks in advance.:(

Certifications: MCP, A+, Net+
    WIP: SQL Server 2008
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Hi Ravnil, I failed 291 once myself and the best advice I can give you is, if a test engine is free, its not going to be good enough to get you through IMO. I used Preplogic and found it handy. I hear good things about Boson products too but haven't tried them. If you use the search on this site there's a fair bit of discussion that will be useful too you.

Craigie has created a lab setup too which IMO is essential to pass this exam. I set mine up in VMWare because I have a high spec machine but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask as I know how difficult this exam can be. I only passed it last week so its fresh in my mind.

Cheers

Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. ravnil

ravnil Bit Poster

I used preplogic and it really didn't help. I will try boson or Measureup.
    Thanks for your response.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Net+
    WIP: SQL Server 2008
  4. JK2447

Do you work in IT? Do you have a lab setup? You will struggle if you haven't got a virtual or physical lab setup

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  5. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

Teastout 70-291 Testout is good it a video then a sim of what your just learnt in video. Not cheap but have a look on ebay for 2nd hand copy's

6. JK2447

How's your 291 revision coming along Ence my mate?

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Reselling TestOut videos on eBay is a violation of TestOut's licensing. From their FAQ:

So if you purchase one from eBay, your copy is no more legal than if you had stole it by downloading it from a torrent site.

But don't get upset at TestOut only: no certification training provider allows resale of their practice exams and video-based training products.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

how this work then If I payed for a copy from Test out I must own the dvd.
    So how come this does cover MS book what people seem to sell 2nd hand at book fairs or websites.

not well another day close to giving up. :rolleyes: @ self

9. BosonMichael

That is a common misconception. When you pay for a copy from TestOut, you purchase a license that grants you the right to use the content on the DVD. But you do NOT own the right to redistribute or resell the DVD.

Copyright Law states that you have only the explicit rights that an intellectual property owner grants you. And TestOut's licensing is pretty clear on what they do and do not allow regarding their IP.

Because, to my knowledge, MS Press does not have any restrictions regarding the resale of their books. On the other hand, I believe (but am not 100% certain) that the Microsoft Official Curriculum *is* protected by copyright in that you cannot resell them.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  10. JK2447

Hi Ence, I was just about to put what BosonMichael put. Its different for Intellectual Property mate. If you sold that DVD to 10 people they could all pass the exam and sell it on again, the cycle would never end and the people who made it wouldn't make anything.

Don't give up mate. I failed 291 and look at me. If there's something you just can't get your head around use this forum all the more and we'll help you nail the concepts. Its a very tough exam this one but stick at it because if I can become a MCSA I know you can. Jim

11. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Technically it's the same for 2nd hand games your not meant to be allowed to sell them on but people do. Companies just get cheesed off because they don't get a cut of the 2nd hand market.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  12. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

^ that can't be true surely as game shops actively seek trade-ins?

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  13. michael78

I read somewhere that in the small print of games manauals you are prohibited from selling on games. Not sure how it's worded but they say it's a grey area.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  14. BosonMichael

Actually, that varies from game to game. The IP owner can choose to grant or deny resale rights.

15. michael78

Didn't know that but either way it doesn't stop people from doing it and I can't see the publishers taking you to court over it. In my opinion (and it's only my opinion) if you buy something you should be able to sell it on.

16. BosonMichael

They could, but they choose not to.

Unfortunately, if you did that with practice exam software, we'd ALL go out of business. As a result, all of the legit PTPs explicitly state that you purchase a non-transferrable license to use the software.