70-291 Advice

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by cosway, Nov 17, 2010.

1. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

Hi all

Im having real trouble staying awake when studying for the 70-291, annoyingly I work with the technology on a day-to-day basis, but I've never heard of some of the subject mater, I'm usually really intrested and keen on training, but this 70-291 text just sends me to sleep. Studying it seems like a punishment at the moment, I've another 3hr sesson lined up tonight, but not looking forward to it, any suggestions on how you got through it?

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA, A+
    WIP: MCSE
  2. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Break it up into smaller chunks. 3 straight hours is a long time even if you are interested in something. Alternate your methods of learning. Do some reading, then watch some videos on the subject, then try one of the practical exercises or try try some questions.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  3. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

Well tomorrw is my 70-291 exam, I feel totaly unpreared :eek:. But I'm going to give it a go if I can get though the snow and road closures (too late to re-scheduale now).

4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good luck Cosway! :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

Fail - 673 :(

I'll rebook it for as soon as I can (I'm sure if I had taken the time to review marked questions I would have spotted obvious mistakes), but my head was splitting...

..I made it though the snow to the test centre half hour late after spending 3 hrs sitting in my car looking at the back of the car infornt of me (which was a very s****y black E class and looked a hell of a lot more comfy than my little 8 year old 1.0l suzuki swift - you have to keep the clutch depressed when stationary or the car growls and vibrates like an angry hippo with toothache). Cardiff just came to a total gridlock - I had planned on getting there ealry then getting something to eat, so I was about ready to chew of my left arm by the time I got the the test center.

On the positive side, the e-accadamy IT Technition helped dig my car out of the carpark at the end of the test (and everyone else had gone home - just the two of us left in the building)

Never mind, back to the books and plough on with N+

6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that but don't beat yourself too hard as the 70-291 is a beast of an exam. I am sure you'd defeat on your next try, just take your time on reading questions etc.

Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

They don't call 291 the Beast for nothing. You should be able to knock it out on your next attempt.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Best of luck next time mate. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

Yes the 70-291 exam is the hardest exam of the MCSA 2003, cannot say on the MCSE though.

I did over a year on it before I took the exam. :):)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  10. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

It is a tough exam, but look on the bright side, you're close to passing the exam.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  11. cosway

cosway Nibble Poster

Just to conclude this (and show that it is possible) I am proud to announce that

I FINALY PASSED 70-291 YESTERDAY

:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

12. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  13. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Congrats mate & do update your certification list :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science
  14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done:)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?