70-291 - AD Child domains

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by hippy, Jan 6, 2009.

1. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

I currently have 2 servers and 1 client in vmware. Is it worth while setting another server up and making a child domain in AD? Then do some more DNS stuff to complicate a few things. I have done the stuff in the ms pressbook with DNS (currently nearly finished chapter 9).

I saw someone mention on the CBT nuggets (will be watching by the weekend) that he makes a child domain in AD. Is it best to wait until i start the CBT nuggets and follow what he does?

Thanks,

Got the test on Saturday 24th January 10am... Got no choice as i fly out for a 3 week holiday 24th January 8:00pm :D

Plan to do the whole of the ms press book plus labs and questions at the end of the book, the CBT nuggets and 5 days (weekdays working as well) of Transcender tests.

Also had to rebuild my whole lab as Windows 2003 with SP1 with the DC role busts the ICS tab which busts the RRAS role... which just busts up most things... Guess when i rebuilt the lab? :P

2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I would say yes, as you will need this for some of the workings in the MS Press Book.

I would recommend having the two servers you have at the moment for DNS and DHCP fault tolerance. The client to login via VPN to a Server running RRAS and then have a child domain as a third server for tinkering.

Good luck, you have set yourself a tight time frame!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Here is a link to a Study Guide I wrote on the subject.

Hope that helps :)

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5