70-290........ Sorted!

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Asterix, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

I passed the 70-290 today with a mark of of 786/700 :biggrin
    Feels great to only be one exam away from the MCSA, now its time to face this 'Beast' that I have heard so much about! Bring it on! :twisted:

2. AndreK

AndreK Bit Poster

Congrats, currently working on this myself. Without breaking the NDA how many questions did you get and which areas featured heavily on the exam?

3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:) I take it 70-291 would come naturally in line of next cert to sit for?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Congrats!:thumbleft

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done mate!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Hi Guys, thanks for the responses!

Not Sure how naturally this will come, based on previous comments on these forums, but im defo committed to complete this within the next 3/4 months!
    I had exactly 40 questions and around (cant remember exactly) 7 Sims.
    Ensure you are confident with the "major topic area" of: Disaster recovery and that you are proficient implementing redundancy + Backup/Restoration! Also ensure you are confident with file/folder permissions (Theory + implementation)
    I Used the CBT nuggets + Testout (training vid and sims package) to supplement the MSPress and the Examcram2 book! I feel that the Testout Sims were a contributing factor to passing on my first attempt!

7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass!

8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass, well done :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security