70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by cockney jeff, Jul 6, 2008.

1. cockney jeff

cockney jeff Bit Poster

Hi. I am doing my 70-271 exam this Friday. I am told it is 105 minutes long. Any idea how many questions this entails. Are they standard multiple choice questins? If lucky enough to pass, what can I expect other than a certificate. I hear different things from people.

Certifications: A+, Network + & MCP
    WIP: MCITP
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

sorry its been a while since i took mine but i think 105 min is about correct, dont worry you have enough time! As for the questions it can be anything between 20-60 questions, multiple choice yes as well as drag and drops too. If this is your first Microsoft pass you will become a MCP- Microsoft Certfied Professional, you will get a certificate, a lapal badge and a credit card sized card with your name and which certification you have a achieved, in this case MCP. Lastly think postive you CAN and WILL pass! 8) Good luck!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Without breaking the NDA, I can refer you to Cramsession:

The best place to find out what you'll receive on passing your first MS exam, see here.

And as for the Lapel pin, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Kitkatninja

Sorry mate, MS stop doing those (I think) last year...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I like the lapel pin, MS never asked me if they should stop sending them... bring back the lapel pin!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Looks like Ken is a little updated than me.. sorry like i said i havent taken an MS exam in ages! :oops:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yeah, the whole reason I did the MCSE was to get the lapel pin! :biggrin :wink:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. Kitkatninja

Here too, how else could anyone merge their love of Star Trek and MS certifications into one :tongue But really, it seems like it was really a cost cutting exercise. Keep the price of the exam the same but reduce the quality of the cert, take away the lapel pin and hey presto they can "focus on delivering benefits with higher approval ratings".

-Ken

9. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Perhaps now they have scrapped the lapel pins they could actually print a cert that exhudes even a tiny bit of quality, rather than looking like a cheap colour photocopy? :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  10. ninjadeathcult

ninjadeathcult Bit Poster

dunno if the uk is different I sat my test (in UK) on the 1st of July and I was given 120 minutes and 49 questions to answer, I was under the impression that I would get a lapel pin after passing but it turned out that info I was getting that from was a couple of years old and now all i get is a certificate :cry:, I think for the price you pay you should get a lapel badge and perhaps maybe a chrome shiny card for your wallet with cool holographic stuff on it , I know the training is the important part but I would be more motivated if shiny metal cards and badges are involved..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
  11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

when I do my certs I would rather have a high quality certificate and not some krommy printout.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

certificate is a certificate!
    pass is a pass!