70 - 271 in a couple of weeks!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Jammo, May 31, 2007.

1. Jammo

Jammo Bit Poster

Hey guys, although i joined cet forums about a month ago this is my first proper post. In a couple of weeks i have my first Microsoft exam the 70/271. For my A+ stuff i was using the transcender disks for my practice exams and, as this is what my mock with my training company (Advent) used as their pool of questions I've been using it for a couple of weeks and now am averaging scores of between 80 and 100 percent. I decided to have a look at the Microsoft rediness review ones too yesterday and like some of the other guys i have seen post on these forums these questions are completely different. Written in deliberatly confusing eglish designed to lead away from the point of the questions. There are also 2 types of exam you can do here too the first, subject review or something, i forget and the actual practice exams which seem to be much harder than the first.

So anyways rambling aside i was just wondering how the real exam compares, can i expect most of the questions on the actual exam to be written in this rather vague style?

Also any tips you guys can give me would be great too.
    Lol , I know this is a bit scattered guys but the style of questions is throwing me a little and with this being my first MS exam I suppose I'm just after some reassurace from some of you guys who have done it!

I've also been using a CBT nuggets disc which i found quite helpful although (for anyone that has seen it) Todd is about as annoying as they come.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
    Love and bubbles
    Jammo

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

You will pass. There are you reassured? Actually has anyone ever failed this exam? :blink

3. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

You should be fine, you say you have been using your transcender material for a few weeks now. If you overuse the software then you will just memorize the answers and not have a proper assessment of your progress. How did you do with measureup.

Im with Advent aswell, theres a few others here:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  4. Jammo

Jammo Bit Poster

Thanks guys. Yeah i do see your point about over using the transcender stuff. I think that i've come about as far as i can using that as you do start remembering the questions. So far i'm getting about a 70% average on the Measure up stuff although i've only been at it a couple of days and the questions are so different to the transcender exams which are pretty much straight forward. To be honest when i first looked at the Measure up exams i was pretty convinced that i was doomed but it's really just a case of taking more time to read the questions.
    I'll let you know how i get on.