70-271 - How many?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by moloch, May 30, 2006.

1. moloch

moloch New Member

I'm sitting my 70-271 exam next Wedneaday (the first of the MCDST), I should pass, pretty much covered everything for that exam.

Can someone please tell me how many questions are in this exam? Apparently they can tell me the time given which is 155min, but not how many questions :rolleyes:

And does it really take 155min to complete lol

Also the same for the 70-271 exam if you know?

Thanks in advance.

Certifications: 70-271
    WIP: MCDST
  2. MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench Nibble Poster

Mine was 61 questions..pretty random number huh? :) I think a few other people around here have also stated their exam was 61 questions too.

If you know your stuff you should get through the exam in no time. It took me around 40 mins, 30 to answer all the questions and 10 to check through them.

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-270, CCNA
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

If you feel you need the full time then use it. I expected I would need the whole 3+ hours for my 290 last week and I didn't need anywhere near as long. I think it depends on the questions you get on the day and how quickly you can 'digest' the scenario they setup in the question.

If it's a long winded question sometimes I have to read it several times to get my head around it, sometimes it sinks in right away.

Just keep an eye on the timer as you go through the exam and try not to get bogged down on a particular question or a group of questions.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

we not really sure how many questions you will get in ms exams. it varies from 40-70 +/- you have plenty of time so dont stress about that either.. if you know you stuff you will whizz through it on the otherhand no knowing it might just stress you out and will need the full aloted time!

good luck and welcome to cf! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. moloch

moloch New Member

Thanks guys.

Well tomorrow is the day of the exam, covered all I can. Done the test exams and I'm getting 100% for them all now, although if I'm honest after a few times it becomes a memory test, but the ones I did get wrong atleast I know why that was and the reason for the correct answer.

I'm unsure of how you are graded for this exam, what is the pass rate? ie 70%

If for example I get 61 questions how many of those 61 question must I get correct to get a pass.

I'm not worried of borderlining the pass mark, but just curious of how I'm going to be graded.

Thanks again.

6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

how the exams are marked is a mystery... even the simulations in other exams are not known... you have to give it your best and in the end you will do great!

go out and kick some @$$ and let us know how you did! good luck! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Good luck for the exam, may the CF force be with you! :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck for tomorrow. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. moloch

moloch New Member

I passed, yey me.

It was far to easy, now to get the other one out the way - 70-272 hopefully I'll breeze that too.

Cheers for your support guys

10. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  11. Duckie

Duckie Nibble Poster

Congratulations :)