70-270 price through vue what gives?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by skulkerboyo, Jan 26, 2007.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

JUst been on vue to book the 70-270 but hit a hurdle as its on there twice at 88 quid and 42 for ''academic''. So as a regular guy not affiliated with an academic body can i book the cheaper academic one? help pls:cry:

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Im not sure what the £42 is about but i do know that £88 is for the normal people out there... :biggrin

ps didnt you just pass your A+ today? :rolleyes:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you are not part of an academic institution, why do you think you should qualify for the cheaper academic pricing?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. skulkerboyo

whoa there:blink just making sure and yes I did pass A+ today-thanks to all who gave congrats and help

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

im just finding it a bit odd you booking your exam now? I mean its tough exam...

6. skulkerboyo

started reading for 70-270 bout 2 months ago gonna get on it seriously in two weeks but gonna book for june. Do you think this is too soon/long any recommendations taken on board at this stage I am after all a beginner in this

7. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

June!! :eek: easy tiger... its nice to set targets - cause they also put pressure on you to study but to book it now for June could be a bit too far fetch IMO. Like i said before Microsoft exams are tough because you are supposed to have experience even for the XP exam - and the only way to get around that is to build a lab up and get hands on experience while you study. You 2 months into studying - have built a RIS server yet? I can tell you RIS is a major area in the installation section of the exam - and the few things that can go wrong like when the DHCP server isnt running on the RIS server - options need to be configured. Study hard - ask questions and dont be in a rush - passing exams isnt the whole point on this - its gaining the knowledge - the paper just shows you have the knowledge.

Good luck for the exam and shout if you need help!

8. skulkerboyo

Thanks zimbo gonna hold fire on booking up for a bit then havent set up lab yet but got plans. Had a pop at remote installations in november with uber geek friend but didnt set up the RIS I'm beginning to get a good feel for whats expected of me and have always maintained that I wanted to be competent not just qualified. Ive been offered contract work which I can do on the odd weekend so i guess I'm fortunate in that respect and when I need help this is the first place I'll look to. Been lingering here for a while reading posts and its been beyond invaluable. So anyways I'm jus ramblin now. You should see me back here some time in Feb in the meantime I got a birthday (monday the 29th) and a pass to celebrate oh and the new Zelda game to finish. :drummer

9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Celebrate the A+ just now mate. In regard to the 70-270 I would set a date when you are well into your studies, you will have a better idea of what the cert is about and you can set a realistic date for the exam. Best of luck! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just sayin'. :) The reason they give those discounts is specifically FOR those people. If they wanted everyone to have them... they'd just lower the price for everyone.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!