70-270 How Much Detail?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by carlosatkeele, Jan 8, 2011.

1. carlosatkeele

carlosatkeele Bit Poster

Hey guys,

I've just started studying for the 70-270 but am unsure as to how much detail i'm required to know.

For example, do I need to memorise all of the switches and their functions for the WINNT32.EXE command?

Cheers

Carl

2. bamboo

bamboo Bit Poster

Hi there, same here, just started study for this module ... I think we need to know (too much info to remember) .. haha .... :blink

Certifications: Nil
    WIP: MCSA, CCENT (ICND 1)
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

If it's in the objectives, it could be in the exam.
    I'd pay particular attention to any that your study material uses as examples, practice questions and practical exercises. These will cover the commonly used switches, which are more likely to be tested than the more obscure ones.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. carlosatkeele

carlosatkeele Bit Poster

Well it doesn't state the example I gave in the objectives. They seem to be fairly vague generally.

But cheers for your advice, i'll learn them and use practice questions!

What materials are you using to study bamboo?

Carl

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Study everything in the MS press books i.e as in every cert read the books from cover to cover.

You never know what you may get asked. For example when I did my A+ I Was asked questions which were only covered very very briefly and where more akin to network + questions and in My MCDST I was asked questions which I believe are more akin to 70-270 questions. So like I said study everything that is in the study material and practice too.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. carlosatkeele

carlosatkeele Bit Poster

How does anyone feel about using the CBT Nuggets training videos?

I'm not sure that they are in depth enough, don't think they were for the A+ anyway.

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

CBT are good. You could try trainsignal they do videos too and they are also good they even do free clips on youtube. Tainsignal cover a lot of areas from A+ stuff all the way to server 2008 and ESX videos.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Unfortunately they're not good enough to hand it to you on a plate, you do have to use your own common sense and the study material's authors wisdom/experience.
    That's why most people recommend at least two study sources, that way you get 2 different views as to what might be tested. Once you know the material well enough you should be able to narrow these things down a bit yourself anyway.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  9. carlosatkeele

carlosatkeele Bit Poster

Thanks for your advice guys!

10. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

My advice would not to worry to much about knowing every intricate detail of a command and it's available switches. If I had I would still be studying for the exam :P

Remember question are multiple choice and unless you are extremely unlucky and the answer is not obvious, questions like that will only account for a small portion of the exam.

Remember you are being tested on a broad range of knowledge in regards to WinXP within a domain environment.

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals
  11. bamboo

bamboo Bit Poster

Thanks for your advice .... :biggrin

Certifications: Nil
    WIP: MCSA, CCENT (ICND 1)