70-215 QOTD 18/06/2004

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by AJ, Jun 18, 2004.

1. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

You discover that users are installing programs from their own CD-ROM or floppy disk. Some of the installed programs have corrupted the system registry. Some of the systems are forced to reinstall.
    You want to create a hardware profile to disable the CD-ROM drive and floppy disk drive. You logon as the local administrator and create a new hardware profile named Drives Disabled on a system. When a user restarts the system and selects the Drives Disabled hardware profile. The user can still access the CD-ROM and floppy disk drive. You are confused. What could be a likely problem why the hardware profile does not work?

Choose one answer

A) You did not disable the CD-ROM drive and floppy disk drive in the hardware profile.

B) You does not have the local administrator right.

C) You need to copy the local administrator to All Users profile.

D) You need to copy the local administrator to Default User profile.

edit sorry folks just noticed a typo :oops:

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

At a guess I'd choose C. :oops:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I'll go for A

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

It seems like an odd way to go about it, especially since you usually use hardware profiles for portable computers that are docked and undocked. I will go with D just to be different.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Yeah I'll with Trip on this one and say A.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  6. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Yeah you'd just go to Device Manager and disable whatever devices.
    You have to have administrator rights to do this, I'm sure.
    So User's with lower priviledges wouldn't be able to enable the devices aferwards.

Answer: A

7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Correct answer is: A

Explanation: Windows 2000 creates a default hardware profile during installation. To create a new profile, you must copy an existing profile, and then modify the configuration settings for the new profile.
    To create a new hardware profile, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. In Control Panel, double-click System, click the Hardware tab, and then click Hardware Profiles.
    3. In the Available hardware profiles list, select the profile that you want to copy, and then click Copy.
    4. Type a name for the new profile in the Copy Profile dialog box, and then click OK.

To modify the new hardware profile, perform the following steps:
    1. Restart the computer and on the Hardware Profile/Configuration Recovery menu, select the new profile.
    2. Right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
    3. Expand Device Manager to enable or disable devices for the current profile.
    4. Expand Services under Services and Applications to enable or disable services for the current profile, and then click OK.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong