642-892 composite

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by jamessimo, Jun 29, 2009.

1. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

Hi

Whats the best learning material for this module

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

BSCI and BCMSN study tools. I would recommend Cisco Press and/or Sybex for books. My opinion is qutie obviously biased as to the best practice exams.

All that said... why would you take the composite instead of the individual exams? You won't save any money by taking the composite, as it is twice as expensive as the individual BSCI and BCMSN.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

thanks for the reply

Money????

The money is not the issue its getting to finish line that little bit quicker the ccnp line

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  4. BosonMichael

How will it be quicker when you have to study the same content?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I thought the same way at first, but BM's right.
    The composite isn't any easier. The exam questions are randomly pulled from both banks (BSCI & BCMSN); so you have to prep for both exams anyway.

I'd suggest to prepare and write for each exam individually. Think of it this way, by the off chance you do fail one of the 2 subjects, at least writing them individually means you get one out of the way.

Good Luck...

6. BosonMichael

...and pay half as much to retake that one exam instead of paying for the full composite again (and again?).