640-802 ExamPrep Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by blargman, Feb 13, 2008.

1. blargman

blargman New Member

Just as the subject explains, Ya its a terrible newb question, ignore me if you like :)

I learn best by doing exams and testing myself against it. If it only gives a brief explanation of what I did wrong, it helps alot. There's so many people out there selling these things. I'm curious who's the best, most up-to-date , comprehensive.

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

As the author, I am incredibly biased... but you might want to download a demo of Boson's ExSim-Max for 640-802 product. Just create an account, download the Boson Exam Environment software, download the demo, and take a look!

But don't take my word for it... compare Boson's quality with other trusted vendors, such as Transcender, SelfTest, MeasureUp, and PrepLogic. Download demos of ALL of them and compare them on your own. :)

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

:eek: That’s not a really sound way to understand the material. Do you already have IT experience? How long, and what has your responsibilities included?

Here’s the advice I will give. There are quite a few options available (though I have a feeling you already know this) :eek:. Whatever you choose (e.g. Boson; Transcender; The Bryant Advantage; others...) check the site against The Certguard Database to ensure it’s not a braindump (which are illegal). Your credibility can/will be challenged in the real-world.

4. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

my method was to use the Boson simulator that came with the official Cisco book, and go through all the end of chapter questions, the do i know this already questions, and all of the memory tables

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Know that the Boson exams that are in the back of the Cisco Press books are not the same as you'll get with Boson's ExSim-Max software. The Cisco Press authors wrote what's in the books... I wrote what's offered directly from Boson. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!