2nd interview questions

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by sebstah, Jul 18, 2007.

1. sebstah

sebstah Nibble Poster

hey all, i have a 2nd interview tommorrow, doing some prep studying about the company and some IT questions the SDM(service delivery manager) and HD manager might throw in.. anyone had a question that might of thrown them. being from a non-IT career, want to be prepared for anything :)
    thanks... sebstah

Certifications: A+,70-270,70-290
    WIP: 70-620
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

it would help us if we knew what position you were interviewing for. It might also help if you gave a brief synopsis of the first interview (how many technical questions did you get, and what were they, etc).

Second interviews are always a good sign, but make sure that you are well prepared (Do more research on the company in question for a start).

Congrats mate.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. sebstah

sebstah Nibble Poster

hey fergal, sorry its a helpdesk 1st line. the 1st interview was the meet and greet and tomorrow is the IT questions and meet the managers.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You can't possibly prepare for "anything". As soon as we tell you everything on OUR minds, the interviewer could ask something that none of us had thought of. Or he/she could ask you something waaaaaay out there. Who knows?

If you're well-qualified for the job, you'll answer the questions well. If not, you won't. It's really as simple as that. Just don't overly worry and stress out about it, or you'll knock yourself out of competition before you even hit the door.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. sebstah

sebstah Nibble Poster

thanks BM, thats true. just having the pre-jitter interviw bugs lol.

can never 'guess' the questions they might ask til i walk in and answer the best i can. thanks.

6. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  7. sebstah

sebstah Nibble Poster

some good stuff there spilly, had a couple of those atthe interview, was only asked 2 questions,
    1 - user cant login
    2- user cant print
    that was it, she was more interested on how i intergrate into a team and how things are processed.

there i was thinking the interview was going to be like a MS exam :)

8. vegetablevn

vegetablevn Banned

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

9. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

One that caught me out was from a Finance Drirector who was 2nd interviewing with the IT Manager for my current job and he asked me "what actions/changes have you took/made that has saved or made money at previous organisations that you have worked for?". That one completely took me by surprise but I did manage to answer it by using previous projects that I had worked on but admitted that they may have not saved the organisation money they certainly saved the dept some money. He accepted that and we moved on :p

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...