290 exam in 10 days! Help

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by suhaibumer, Apr 15, 2012.

1. suhaibumer

suhaibumer New Member

Hi, i have to take this exam for my new job before the 27th April. It spent nearly 10 days to study for my 270 exam

Now the question is, is this do-able in 7-8 Days? I have no real life experience with server 2003

And what can you suggest based on your experience?

I have the Microsoft E-learning material, as well as Transceder and some PrepKing exams.

Just need a heads up and some confidence :D

Thank You

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Study

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Like I asked you in the other thread you made, why do you have to complete this exam in such a small amount of time. Sure its possible to pass it but what benifit will you get from cramming and condensing your learning? If you fail do you not get the job?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Thought I had posted more that…. :biggrin

Seriously mate, you need to put the time in to pass the exams properly – no shortcuts. :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. TheMagician

TheMagician Nibble Poster

I'd be interested in hearing your answer to SimonV's question regarding your job and requiring this cert.

You have "no real life experience with server 2003". I don't think you can learn enough to pass this in 8 days, unless you have done a lot of labbing with it.

Microsoft target this exam at people who have been working with these technologies in corporate environments for 6months+. Now that isn't to say that people who don't meet that criteria are never able to pass it, as you only need to read forums such as this to see anecdotal evidence of students and others without experience do so.

But it sounds like you would be learning this all as a brand new subject, and to do that in 8 days would be hard I would imagine. Hell, people who have been administrating Windows Server for a number of years have failed this test.

At the risk of sounding an arsehole I think it really devalues these certs if people with no experience are able to take and pass it in a really short amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MCSA 2012, MCITP: EA, SA, ITIL