271 and 272 this Friday, best start learning then!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by YottaMedia, Sep 26, 2006.

1. YottaMedia

YottaMedia Bit Poster

Hi all, any last minute tips anyone can bung in for the DST exams? I've got em this Friday...better start revising at some point then :)

The test questions seem so dumb sometimes. Instead of the actual answer, the right answer seems to be to escalate it to a "clever person". Doesnt really solve the problem or sound like a decent solution to me.

Anyone thats done 270 and 271....as I already got 921 in the 270, i take it the DST will be a piece of p1ss yeah?

Cheers

Certifications: MCSA & A+
    WIP: MCSE CCNA
  2. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

you will be fine... just run thru your A B C D ... no sweat

3. YottaMedia

YottaMedia Bit Poster

899 in 271 and 836 in 272 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D MCSDT + 70-270 now baby! MCSA 2 more exams away...but....uh....server exams ruuuunnnnn!!!

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats :biggrin

what exam are you doing next?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. YottaMedia

YottaMedia Bit Poster

Cheers,

Got the 290 around end of November and 291 scheduled for late January. That'll give me the MCSA and complete my college course. As I cant change the couse schedule that I'm on, I might get started on learning the other three for MCSE in the meantime, so when it gets to January I at least have another couple under my belt.

Only ever installed server a few times and messed about with it or used the virtual PCs at college (dual core workstations with 2 gig ram..still slow lol), so I know a lot less than I already knew before starting to learn the dst or xp pro exams.

Ta, T

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Nice one mate 8)

The 70-290 isnt *too* difficult if you have put the time in to pass the 70-270.

The 70-291 is hell though! :cry:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass mate. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Well done :clap.
    I have been putting in several hours a day since i took the 270 (last week) and think i will be ready to take the 271 sometime next week.
    I don't know if it is because i studied like mad for the 270, but the 271 seems more <answer what you think Microsoft want you to say> :)

Good luck with the 290 :thumbleft

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  9. YottaMedia

YottaMedia Bit Poster

Hey Si,

So you passed the 270 then? Well done mate! :D

The 271 is a bit dumb in ways. I knew almost all the questions prior to the 270 from doing so many test papers, but didnt bother so much with the 271. In 270, the answers are logical. In 271 and 272, it seems like you're not unleashed on the entire systems, being only a DST, so often the answer is to "ask an admin to xxxx" I haven't learnt to excalate problems, ive learnt to fix them myself, which is probably why i got a bit less than in the 270.

I hope the 290s isnt too bad, but it's 291 that is meant to be a meanie....Any ideas on which others to do for mcse?

I'll have dst, 270,290 and 291...so which are the 'best' to add in?

Cheers,

Tom