24 meg internet

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by AJ, Oct 17, 2005.

1. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Anyone got any thought on THIS

Just thought it was interesting and a bit faster the 8meg 8)

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

this has been going round for a while now AJ...Phoenix is currently using their 8Meg...you would think someone like him would opt for the 24Mb...but no he chose 8Mb...everyone has their preference and all that...but it is a good deal...but again the snag is the whole exchange thingy...first it needs to be LLU (local loop unbundling) then if u r within reasonable distance you can get the full whack of 24Mb (which is used with the new ADSL2+ technology) otherwise your stuck on 8Mb on some exchanges...so yeah good deal...but since I am telewest I am happy to wait for my free upgrade to 10Mb which should happen by end of the year or beginning of next...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

err, im not using there 8mb, nor would i use any product from a company with no presence in the UK
    during the last discussion about this you will recall i pointed out that speed is not everything when it comes to a worthwhile internet connection, and I am quite content with Zens 2mb package :)
    ill wait for BT to roll out BT MAX to my exchange for my 8mb with Zen thanks :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

oh that was it...it was Zen you are with...my mistake mate...dunno what made me think u were with Be...but thanks for clearing it up mate...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life