2008 Exam Retirement

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by PJ BECKETT, Mar 13, 2008.

1. PJ BECKETT

PJ BECKETT New Member

Can anyone clear something up???

I've got a W2K exam 070-219 scheduled for the 17th March - it's one of those scheduled for 'retirement' on 31.03.08
    If I don't pass on the 17th I would like to retry on the 31st March (the last date 'available' but the first possible date under the 14 day waiting rule). This is my 3rd attempt so this applies.

My question is has anybody been able to take an exam on the '14th' day or do the rules mean 14 'clear' days between attempts?

I have spoken to MS (who referred me to Prometric), but said the dates had been 'extended' provided I could find a centre willing to host the exam (!!!). The exam centre didn't seem to know anything about extensions but then again they thought the 31st was a Bank Holiday!!!

Other forums did say it was OK to take exams on the 17th, then 31st etc. but I haven't read any posts from anybody actually doing so.

Any solid evidence???

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't know for sure. But 2 weeks is 2 weeks... if you fail on Monday, you'd think you could take it two Mondays out (on the 31st).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Our exam centre was able to book a 70-292 for April 4.
    I would say play as safe as possible. You can allways try...

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP