2003 Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Phil, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Anybody else currently working on the 2003 upgrade ? If so how are you finding it and how close are you to taking exams ?

I've been slowly working my way through The Microsoft Study Guide that covers both 70-292 and 70-296, just reading cover to cover at the moment, I'll go back and pick on specific exam topics after.

:gaz

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi Phil

I've got the same book as you and like you, I am very slowly working through it. This MSPress book is pleasently different than the other and a lot easier to read.

I personaly wasn't going to bother with the 2003 upgrade yet, I was going to try something else. But the school I work at are signing upto the M$ School Agreement which means that they get upgrades of OS's and software free when it comes out. That means we will be upgrading all of the clients to XP, severs to Server 2003, Office to XP plus lots of other goodies.

We are considering rebuilding the domain from scratch, but that at the moment is still in the planning stage.

AJ

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi Phil

I am on the same track as you been using both Orins book and the Manisi one. It feels like a lot of the same old stuff...

4. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

I know exactly what you mean, it's more like revision with little bits that have changed thrown in just to make sure you stay awake :)

That should be fun :) I suppose with the school holidays you have a natural downtime to do the rebuild, or are you off as well ?

Looks like Orin's book is the one to have at the moment. I like the way the Readiness Review has been rolled into the same book, saves shelling out again. Like you AJ I'm finding it a lot easier to read than earlier MS study guides.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  5. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Still I should get a MCSA:M out of it ???????

6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Well, we should get the time off, BUT, there you go, we will be in after all. :(

Ahh well, pays the bills

AJ

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong