1st chapter ms press book? 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by buy_my_cookies, Jul 11, 2008.

1. buy_my_cookies

buy_my_cookies Bit Poster

hi all,
    i started reading the training kit book for 70-271. ive finished the first chapter made a load of notes whilst readng it (bout 35 pages) and after looking here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-271.mspx i have noticed that the first chapter is not on the exam objectives.

so does this mean that i dont really need to know this stuff for the exam?

Certifications: BTEC national diploma in computing.
    WIP: N+
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Not read that one, but would say that just because something doesnt appear on the exam doesnt mean it isnt worth knowing.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I think its useful background, this is the entery level MCP and as such they assume people know little or nothing about the industry that they will be working in. Some of the soft skills bit is useful, but if its not on the objectives then I doubt you will get questions on it.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I made the same mistake, it is not tested, but is good to know.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

I may be wrong but i dont think the first 2 chapters are tested, but as everyone before me has said, its good to know anyway

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  6. buy_my_cookies

oh well at least i now know where the best place for "john" to work is lol

7. panosd

panosd Bit Poster

heh yeah i was thinking the same thing reading through that chapter. Just starting chapter 3 now!

8. buy_my_cookies

im now doing the second chapter, because Installing a Windows Desktop Operating System is one of the exam objectives.

9. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Every chapter is important one way or another.
    Do not skimp out.
    The 1st chapter is in relation to Desktop Support! What are you studying for? MCDST.