070-294 Exam

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by philbenson, Dec 11, 2005.

1. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Hi there, can anyone out there tell me how many questions there are in the 70-294 exam? I will be taking it this Friday all being well.

It seems to be on the same format as the 293 exam I did just over a week ago - in which there were 40 questions.

I've only two more to go for MCSE on Win 2k3 so it is my intention to get this exam, and either 297/8 done before the 23rd.

Certifications: MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS
    WIP: CCNA(?)
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Sorry mate note taken that exam, I hope be bumpimg thisyou will get a few replies. If not then let us know.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

no idea but what i would like to ask is how are u chewing out these exams one after the other? in 3 weeks you doing the 293/294/297 or 298 done? How many hours you putting in each day? Or do you know the stuff and you just brushing up on the skills? just curious cause i have set myself one year to get my MCSE? :rolleyes:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

I've been out of work for the last eight months and so I've been putting quite a few hours in each day. In fact it feels like I've done very little else with my life in that time.

I did MCSE on Windows NT4 five years ago and I've worked as a computer technician and IT trainer in the meantime, so it has been a case of updating existing knowledge in many areas rather than learning from scratch.

You say that I've been romping through them, but I've heard some claiming to do the whole lot in the space of a fortnight. Is it April 1st I wonder?!?

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

the only way someone new to MCSE and get the whole thing in a fortnight is by using braindumps.. there is not other way! :dry

6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Zimbo, you will find that as you progress in IT and develop your skills a lot of the materials you learn stay stuck in your head somewhere. Meaning that you simply have to brush up on your skills inorder to pass exams.

When I first started in IT I used to really struggle with some of the concepts that others just quickly picked up. I realise now that things like this don't come from reading, (well they do initially, but not long term) but instead come from applying them over and over again in the real world.

It is strange, but the more qualified you are then the easier it is to become even more qualified! As you simply re apply prior knowledge. :blink

It is true though that the only way that anyone could get their MCSE in two weeks though is through Braindumps.

7. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i agree with what you said and if philbenson has done mcse nt 4 then it is possible at his rate it just made me jump cause im taking 1 year!

8. philbenson

philbenson Byte Poster

Running through practice questions is an excellent way to prepare for the exams, because that way you get the "feel" of what you will get asked, and the wording used. Thus far I have found the Transcender series to be consistently very good.

I'm always trying to seek out ways of relating different but similar technologies which have the same method of functionality. DHCP, RID and DNS queries are classic examples here. A week ago I knew nothing about the various Operations master roles in Active Directory, now I understand the differences between them, and the differences between forest level roles and domain level roles.

Braindumps and boot camp courses may well get you certified in no-time relatively, but knowledge is the key to personal success. Those who rely purely on braindumps are only fooling themselves don't you think. The problem is that these individuals are tending to tarnish the value of these certifications in industry which is not fair to those of us who actually work for them.