Just IT recruitment

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Shinx2k6, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinx2k6

Shinx2k6 Bit Poster

Hi guys,

I paid £1695 for the low budget course which includes CCNA ICND1, A+, MCP, MS windows and 2003 cert. I was promised a job garentee in 90-120 days, or money back. It is now has been 9 months since I finished with these waste timers. Now, they keep contacting every now and then to give bank details, go into there office and do job search there which completely useless - as I can do all that from home.

I have passed A+ and MCP. Now studying towards CCNA, as it is of my main focal point.

Here is the bottom line I dont want to pay them any penny until they get me a job, and as far as am concerned they did nothing which even comes close to even getting a telephone interview. Also the fact that the course says that I am going to pay as I earn.

http://www.justit.co.uk/it_training/funding

I need advice as to who I can get help regarding this people, as they given me alot of grieve interms of medical conditions and stressful life. If anyone here had similar problems with such agencies please advice me.

2. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Fail...

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Try going to trading standards.

This site is for help, advice and resources to pass your certs; not a consumer complaint site

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Although sometimes at the moment you could be forgiving for being confused....

As UKD says, Trading Standards and the Citizens Advice Bureau can provide better and more authoritative help than we can here.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  5. Shinx2k6

Shinx2k6 Bit Poster

Im not aware of any trading standards, but I will google around.

I totally understand this is not the place for complaints, but I found this place to be most knowledgable when it comes to helping people around getting out of terrible situation.

I ahve spoken to my friends/cousin etc they all saying ask for refund, dont pay penny more, as they have wasted my money and the entire where it could have been better used.

6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

What you need to do is go through your contract and assess where they have let you down, as with these types of companies what they tell you and what they get you to sign are subtly different (and completely in their favour)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Here's the trading standard's website. Have a read around and see if you can get some more information -
    http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/index.cfm

The forums, as previously stated, are not consumer complaint focussed.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, this site is great at keeping people out of terrible situations before they get there in the first place. Once you're IN the terrible situation, there's not much that can be done except realize you made a horrible decision, learn from it, and move forward from there.

Sorry you got played by their sales reps. I wish you success in getting any love out of the consumer complaint bureaus or the legal system. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

I actually went for an interview at one of their offices based around liverpool st. station, after the interview i posted the situation on CF forum and EVERYONE said no, so i told the guy on the phone i am not interested. He still calls and comes up with offers and all sorts of things trying to get me to join a course with them for "ONLY" £2999. I have asked them when i went over how is it JOB GUARANTEED and he gave me this hole story boring me with this that and the other but if you read the small print not even 1% is true. I don't think there is much you can do to be honest, you probably already paid some of the money and signed a contract of some sort with them right?

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  10. Shinx2k6

Shinx2k6 Bit Poster

Yep, thats the problem I have already paid like 20% of the fee and they want me to pay the rest now, even though they've failed to keep up to their promises. I did sign a contractm which has like 14 different conditions which you must meet for job garentee - I was taken on board cause of desperation to get into a IT field...I will do what ever necessary from now on to avoid such low lifes.

Thanks all for your concerns and great feedback. I will try and tackle this problem soon as possible, if there is a will there is a way.

11. batblade2001

batblade2001 New Member

I also went to one of their "interviews". They promised a 4-week work placement, did you get that?

Because they have not kept their end of the bargain, can you just not pay? I know you signed contracts and evrything, but they cant really take you to court if they broke their own terms.

Advice for anyone else that might be tempted by these (just it, techworks etc), research into some local colleges, they do the same/similar courses for very cheap or even free.

12. free-advice

free-advice Nibble Poster

You have stated you 'paid £1695 for the low budget course'. Unfortunately you get what you pay for these days. If you buy 'a low budget car' expect it to breakdown.

I'm sorry you have been had by the salesman, but I always say 'if it looks to good to be true, it probably is'

Learn from you mistakes and do proper research on decent training providers next time you look at studying.

TP

13. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

What? low budget so expect to get ****ed? to be honest for 1.6 grand I could get a car that wouldn't break down at all or very rarely. What a stupid thing to say. Especially given people can do this for far cheaper.

If I buy the lower price TV in a shop, that is still brand new, I expect it to ****ing work but for less long or with lower quality, I don't expect it to not work at all.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  14. free-advice

Hi westernkings

I apologise that you may have taken this out of context. I suppose what I am trying to say is there are many training providers out there (I have worked for most) who charge more for their courses and deliver what they promise.

Don't expect a miracle course, support, job & salary by paying minimal fees.

Car anaolgy: Don't buy a Skoda (no disrespect to Skoda drivers) and expect it to perform like a Porsche.

Yes you can do it cheaper, but the argument is what the Just IT are offering.

TP

15. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

And to further his point and why your comment didn't fit. NO matter which product you choose from there site, the base is still the same. They haven't delivered on something included in all their packages.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  16. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Considering the current climate (is there now 2.5 million people unemployeed?), I have to say I am surprised that companies are still using this tactic to gain customers, although more surprised people aren't questioning it.

Where are these jobs coming from exactly. It's come up on CF a fair bit now: the only people who can promise you a job is the employeer. Perhaps "the job" is a with them - as a course advisor!

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  17. free-advice

To be honest, I don't know anything about Just-IT, but from looking at their site, I'm not sure how they can do this?

They look as if they are going down the Skillstrain route (worse company I ever worked for!):x

Lets hope we see them on Rouge Traders or something and the get.......:toilet

18. strawberry

strawberry Bit Poster

this sounds abit like fraser mckenzie scam.....

19. chuckliddell

chuckliddell Banned

hi there,

ive just got a week ago and the price seem to have increased! it all looks find and dandy at first but the price for the course is expensive.

how has it gone for you since then? have they done anything for you?

20. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

I wouldn't take anything on the lines of "we can guarantee a job" or "you will have a job within X no. of days" that seriously now-a-days. Its a good job that sites like CF can warn people to avoid such possible situations and more to that is the fact that these sales reps or "whatever" they like to call themselves commit all sorts of things to you verbally getting away with lowering you into the trap and when you get a written contract they are no were near that. Their verbal freedom is what gets them their victims I suppose.
    awh its all been done here many times and the said thing is its still happening . .

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri