ZX Spectrum Certified

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by JK2447, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Rheinkraft

Rheinkraft Bit Poster

I use EmuZ emulator, runs fine for me, Vista Ultimate 64 :)

2. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Nice one mate I'll have a look

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  3. Rheinkraft

Rheinkraft Bit Poster

no probs :)

Maybe some one can help me, I used to have a spectrum game where you played as a bendy tube moving round like a platform game but I cant remember for the life of me what its called....

I remember a room where there was ice every where and you had to avoid the enemies, it was a very long time ago so I dont remember much. But the bendy tube sticks in my head :p

4. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Nice one :)

Ahhh, memories. I can't believe all the old games are online.

Renegade here I come, i have a score to settle with big bertha ;)

I wrote a maze game with a neighbor for the speccy when I was a nipper, called Must **** Sid about a man who must collect laxatives and make it to the toilet in the middle of the screen.

I wonder if I have it in the loft at my mothers place.......

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  5. Ergath

Ergath Bit Poster

I missed out on the speccy thing - we had a Dragon 32 instead (you did read that right - a mighty 32k of RAM). It used to prompt you to choose your colour palette when a game had loaded - black and white, black and green or "buff" (purple and brown). Happy days.

Certifications: MCP 70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Ah memories. Thats OK, I had a Commodore 16 at one stage. A gigantic 16k to play with :ohmy

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. Rik

Rik Nibble Poster

Hmm 50%

Must do better!!

As for Spectrum emulators, i love Speculator soo much I purchased it :)

Booty now that was a great game in the Firebird range :)

8. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Good work mate, people work really hard to bring us this kinda stuff

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Know what - I never completed a Spectrum game!
    Did anyone?

I can't remember if it was the fact that they all got tedious after a while, or if it was because they were basically the same level over and over again, just getting faster all the time.

Robin of the wood was a favorite, Shadowfire, Spy vs Spy, The Great Escape...

When you think back, it was a miracle what they could achieve with 48k.

For real nostalgia, try this...

http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  10. sheepluv

sheepluv Byte Poster

>>Renegade here I come, i have a score to settle with big bertha ;)

Aaaah memorys :-) Renegade was a classic. Big Bertha and her girls with whips/chain ball type things lol:D

Just hang around near the edge and kick them off hehe

Certifications: CCNA | HND | 70-646
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I swear that rings a bell - the name and general concept I mean.
    There was a competition a year of so ago run via b3ta to knock up mick-take spectum games for a BBC spoof. Can't remember what it was called, but it was a sort of retro 'tomorrow's world' 70s sort of thing where they were predicting the future of PCs. It was really funny.

I'm sure one of the main entries was a guy running around collecting laxitives while avoiding jobbies falling from above.

You might be due royalties...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  12. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

When i seen the topic header i was thinking id done somthing when drunk or in my sleep and was quite overjoyed at the thought

ZX

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  13. Rik

Rik Nibble Poster

lol :)

14. Meshan

Meshan Bit Poster

I had a Sinclaire 16k spectrum with rubber keys and a seperate tape deck to load games. I read your sinclair every month and would spend hours writing program they would print for simple games. None ever worked. Or the pokes to complete Jet Set Willy.

Sorry, I have something in my eye

Certifications: HCIMA, BIIAM, BSc (Hons),
    WIP: MCITP (70-622)
  15. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I remeber doing the code on a zxspectrum i think went something like this

10 print" i like chips"
    20 goto 10
    run

and you then end up with a list of i like chips going down the screen. There were others but i cant remember them, but i used to sit for hour doing that stuff.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680