Zenos Academy

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by DrewDude, Nov 9, 2008.

1. DrewDude

DrewDude New Member

Hey, anybody heard of the Zenos Academy?
    I was invited to it by them 2 days ago.. and the qualifications you gain in just the 5 month course were quite interesting to me (A+,N+, MCDST,MCP..). Anyone already been in the academy? if so what did you think of it? Is it as good as it sounds? and any tips on passing the inicial interview for acceptance please :P that's the one i'm really interested in :P

Certifications: AN2, ECDL
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you asked this earlier on which you have had some replies. I will put what I put in that one.

What is the qualifications you are going for?

How much are they charging you?

As for passing the entry scheme if you have the cash your as good as in.

Do you have any IT experience in a job?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Source: http://www.zenos.com/zen_target.htm

Interesting...

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

And a search here will find me quoting that as well some months back, plus a lot of discussion about that limitation. :p

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

As I said before - use SEARCH ! :twisted:

cfmenu.jpg

Type in "zenos" and you'll find it mentioned in these threads :

cfsearchres.jpg

Looks like you'll find what you need as there's a thread there running to 5 pages !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. DrewDude

DrewDude New Member

Oo rite.. thanks.. && i only re-wrote the message because i thought it was becoming too long for that 'welcome' forum (or something like that)... thx to all aniwei

Certifications: AN2, ECDL
  7. jcook

jcook New Member

Hello,

I joined the Zenos Academy in March 2007, at the Birmingham Academy which at the time was new. I like many others had not heard of Zenos before and had saw the advertisement in a local newspaper, and was drawn into this because of the many vendor qualifications they offered, for no price at all and considering my age at the time, I was 18, this seemed like a fantastic opportunity!

My first day at the academy was in late March 2007, the course then ran for 5 months and ended in late July. Upon arriving at the centre in Birmingham, I was very impressed at the design of the centre and how it was very professionally run. There was no sign of any school or college behaviour, dress or attitude, the centre and course was run with an adult nature, we were required to wear office dress, such as shirts and ties and any miss-behaviour was quickly dealt with.

The course itself was fantastic for anybody with a remote interest in IT; the course ran from the basics and gradually increased to very technical with the Microsoft qualifications. Personally I feel that the course can accommodate a huge range of people, even if you have no background experience or knowledge in the IT role. The first few weeks are dedicated to explaining the basics of IT and Computing in a step by step role with a gradual increase that everybody can keep up with. The trainers in each classroom are professionally qualified with Microsoft and Cisco qualifications and are fully competent at delivering the course to a huge range of people.

My personal enjoyment of the course came when the technical side of things came into play and I was able to get my hands dirty with real tasks to practice on real hardware. We then also began to learn an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows with the Microsoft Qualifications, this was again of particular enjoyment as it covered everything from the basics of Windows up to the most technical and complicated. Again all delivered with an ease of understanding and professionalism.

Towards the end of the course we were coached on how to write a professional CV and how to apply for IT jobs and how to perform in an interview. Zenos hopes to place every person on their programme into a real-world IT role, and they have a dedicated team of job placement officers to help achieve their goal.

After completing the course, it was very sad to leave such a professional and friendly environment which in only 5 months had given me qualifications that I one day thought would be impossible to achieve, both because of the knowledge and skill required and the financial cost involved.

I personally was very lucky, to receive a phone call only days after finishing the academy, asking me whether I would be interested in joining the Zenos Team as a member of their own IT Support Team. I of course straight away jumped at this decision and was invited to their head office in Oxford for an interview, and now 14 months later, I am still with Zenos, in the IT Support role, thoroughly enjoying every day I get to work with the company, travelling up and down the UK and visiting the many different centres across the country that Zenos has.

Where would I be without Zenos? Who knows, but I am for ever great full for the knowledge and experience they have given me and the opportunity they have given me to gain a position in the IT world.

What advice would I give to others? I would 100% tell anyone who has an interest in IT and thinks they would like a job and career in the IT world to join Zenos. I have never once looked back, and class joining Zenos as one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Being through the programme, I can tell anyone, that it is a great programme, it does work, and it does give great results to people that join! It is something that in only 5 months, will transform your life for the better!

8. Ironside00

Ironside00 New Member

I am currently enroled on the Zenos program

I have been for 2 and a half months so I am already half way through the course, I must say I have completed more in this short time than I ever did at school, I am 18 and fully A+ qualified, they have also presented me with level 2 NVQ's in English and Maths

The downside is that I do have to do a lot of waiting around in assignments and I normally get held up helping other people with their work

But still, I love it

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+, MCDST