zenos academy and my age

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by DAVID ARROWSMITH, Jul 16, 2010.

1. DAVID ARROWSMITH

DAVID ARROWSMITH Nibble Poster

bit frustrating when at my age of 45 and trying to break into it and spent money through a training provider which i now know was a silly thing to do that the zenos academy are recruiting 16-18 year olds trying to take that first step into an it career. i do not begrudge them this but all very frustrating !!!

Certifications: a plus
    WIP: exam 70-620 windows vista
  2. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi David,

yes it is.. You do hear alot about getting young people into training etc, i know what you mean.

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It's not so much Zenos, but due to funding from the Government.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. sameoldsong09

sameoldsong09 New Member

That must be even more annoying considering that the majority of them don't take it seriously when they're there, and afterwards they end up in call centres with nothing to do with IT. And I very much doubt that many of them further their IT education. I, personally, am willing to put in the work and self-teach while saving enough money for the exams so I can start my career, but I'd bet about half of them will end up in McDonalds or call centres long term.

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (601 + 602)
    WIP: CompTIA Network+ and others
  5. Len

Len Byte Poster

Seriously, you would enjoy self-studying A LOT more than attending Zenos.

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Seriously, he 'might' enjoy self-study, personally speaking I don't, I prefer a classroom environment. Self study isn't for everyone.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA