Zencart driven Ecommerce sites

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Colloghi, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Well i thought about and probably should post of the zencart forums, but they seem so arsey compared to here so ill ask here.

Does anyone know if there anyway to have a an option within the site which allows the customer to make a one time purchase. Ie. they do not have to create an account with the site, just to purchase items.

I seem to be getting lots of views on my partners website, but not many purchases, and i have a feeling this could be one of the problems.

Ive tred just attching a paypal "add to cart" button which seems to work fine, but then messes up by deleting the item completely upon purchase:(

The site is www.daisychaincollectables.com and any advice re the site layout, design would be appreciated:D

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Change the background! :sick You can't see the site for the background image!

The views that you are getting could well be search engine bots doing a bit of indexing and not necessarily real visitors.

As for the purchasing part, not my field of expertise, just wanted to give it a bit of a BUMP.

8)

3. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

I don't know much about web design, but if I was a potential customer I would tell you that the images need to be enlarged and showcased a little better.

One question that needs to be asked is where is the most likely spot the customer will place the item after they've bought it ?

Some of the items would look great on the mantlepiece, for example. So personally, I would line up a block of about five or six figurines on the same mantlepiece, followed up by a close-up shot of each item with the relevant information and pricing.

The Uhura picture for instance would look nice against a background of deep space, or an out-of-focus still from the star trek series, on the bridge of the enterprise. The footballer figurine would sit comfortably against a backdrop of football trophies, or a blurred group photo of the England team.

It's all in the presentation, mate. You need to feed the customer's imagination as much as anything else. That's why people flock to ikea.

Goodluck.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Did you let the site load fully, I just got the daisies in the background then a couple of seconds afterwoods got the brown wooden background as well.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Cheers for the advice all.:)

The daisy picture background is one im considering changing anyhow, for some reason, when i first set the site up, the wooden background loaded almost instantly, hence the sote didnt dissapear against the daisies, owever it seems to be slower loading lately:( suppose its down to more content on the site......

I appreciate the advice about mixing the football figurine with football themed images and the uhura picture, but we have done this in the past and found a negative response:(

The figure has sold now in fact im not sure why its still showing on the site,:eek:

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290